locked
Sys.WebForms.PageRequestManagerParserErrorException on SSRS 2008 RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi,

    The error we are getting on SSRS 2008 R2 Reports are bit strange.

    Here is the error message:

    Line:6

    Char: 62099

    Error:  Sys.WebForms.PageRequestManagerParserErrorException: The message received from the server could not be parsed. Common causes for this error are when the response is modified by calls to Response.Write(), response filters, HttpModules, or server trace is enabled.

    Details: Error parsing near ‘<DOCTYPE HTML PUBLI’.

    Below is the scenario.

    Scenario1:

    Windows7 workstation over LAN – Report is working fine, No error

    XP Workstation SP-3 over LAN – Report is working fine, No Error

    Scenario-2:

    Windows7 workstation over VPN – Report is working fine, No error

    Windows XP Workstation over VPN – Report is not Working. Report is initiated and when trying to view the report it is giving the above error

    Seenario-3:

    All Workstation is working fine on both LAN and VPN on Firefox Web browser

    I have updated the web.config file as

    <httpRuntime

    maxRequestLength="1048576"

    executionTimeout="9000"

    />

    But still the error is coming with XP over VPN.

    Could you please help me to resolve this issue?

    Cheers,

    Ajit

    Thursday, July 5, 2012 10:54 PM

Answers

  • Thanks for the response Edward.

    I did that changes on Web.config file but no luck.

    After lots of investigation, increased the timeout value to 10 on rsreportserver.config  and it works.

    <MapTileServerConfiguration>

                <MaxConnections>2</MaxConnections>

                <Timeout>10</Timeout>

                <AppID>(Default)</AppID>

                <CacheLevel>Default</CacheLevel>

          </MapTileServerConfiguration>

    I am not sure where was the problem. But it seems on IE on XP, the login authentication was dropping while persing data from server.

    Cheers,

    Ajit

    • Marked as answer by Edward Zhu Tuesday, July 10, 2012 1:40 AM
    Monday, July 9, 2012 11:57 PM

All replies

  • Hello Ajit,

    Thank you to post your questions on TechNet forum.

    From your description, it seems that when you access SSRS 2008 R2 report, you got the Javascript error on your page. Based on my experience, it is caused by a security update MS11-011 on the server side. This security update will limit the form keys, files and JSON members to 1000. If the request exceeds the limitation, it will cause the above error. In order to narrow solve this kind of issue, please try to set the following code in your web.config file.

      <appSettings>
        <add key="aspnet:MaxHttpCollectionKeys" value="1000" />
        <add key="aspnet:MaxJsonDeserializerMembers" value="1000" />
      </appSettings>

    For more information, please review the following articles on KB article of Microsoft.

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2661403
    http://blogs.msdn.com/b/paulking/archive/2012/01/16/using-an-http-module-to-assist-in-adjusting-the-value-of-aspnet-maxhttpcollectionkeys-imposed-by-ms11-100.aspx

    If you have any questions, please tell us freely.

    Regards,

    Edward


    Edward Zhu

    TechNet Community Support

    • Proposed as answer by Edward Zhu Monday, July 9, 2012 5:48 AM
    Monday, July 9, 2012 5:48 AM
  • Thanks for the response Edward.

    I did that changes on Web.config file but no luck.

    After lots of investigation, increased the timeout value to 10 on rsreportserver.config  and it works.

    <MapTileServerConfiguration>

                <MaxConnections>2</MaxConnections>

                <Timeout>10</Timeout>

                <AppID>(Default)</AppID>

                <CacheLevel>Default</CacheLevel>

          </MapTileServerConfiguration>

    I am not sure where was the problem. But it seems on IE on XP, the login authentication was dropping while persing data from server.

    Cheers,

    Ajit

    • Marked as answer by Edward Zhu Tuesday, July 10, 2012 1:40 AM
    Monday, July 9, 2012 11:57 PM