none
message: Microsoft Visual Studio Tools for Applicaiton 2015 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am quite new to SQL SERVER. I have installed windows 10 Pro and I need to install SQLSERVER 2017. The first time I tried it out, I couldn't install correctly. Then, I installed Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable and now on the Feature Selection window I get this message: Microsoft Visual Studio Tools for Application 2015 to be installed! I checked my programs and features and see this is installed already on my computer! What should I do to be able to get it recognized by SQLSERVER 2017?

Thank you very much

Tuesday, March 19, 2019 5:09 PM

All replies

• Hi BESTMBAMAN,

According to your description, You failed to install SQL Server 2017 and you have installed Microsoft Visual Studio Tools for Applicaiton 2015 yourself. You failed to install sql server again.

Would you please show us the error message on the installation log: C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\140\Setup Bootstrap\Log

As a solution, I suggest you uninstall this component and manually uninstall the SQL Server 2017 you have installed. You can refer to: How to manually uninstall SQL Server . And reinstall SQL Server 2017.

Hope this could help you .

Best regards,

Dedmon Dai

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Wednesday, March 20, 2019 7:49 AM
  • Thanks alot for the reply. I looked at the folder but there is no Log file created there! I only could find a summary Summary.txt file. I should not that I never completely installed the SQL server till I did it once before and got error and had to re install Windows which was a very cumbersome process. This time I only went on till "feature selection" step and there when I saw I need to install Microsoft Visual C++  2015 Redistributable and MS. Visual Studio Tools for Application 2015. I stopped there and I quit.

I would appreciate if you could help me please I am so much confused and I need to install this product asap!

Thanks

Wednesday, March 20, 2019 1:19 PM
  • Hello again,

Seems finally I managed to install SQL Server on my pc. Now I have problem to locating my backup file. I have a folder which contains several sub-folders. In one of them I have a backup file that I can not find and locate it from SQL SERVER Management Studio Restore Database directory.

Is it possible to open the backup file from Desktop of the pc or not?

Wednesday, March 20, 2019 6:17 PM
  • This is not possible, whether you use ssms or tsql to restore the database, you need to know the location of the backup file.

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Thursday, March 21, 2019 1:55 AM
  • Thanks Dedmon,

I know the location of my file. It is on the desktop, I tried to copy the path and paste it in the locate back up file path. my backup file is in a subfolder on the desktop. How I can attach a picture to better depict it? The MSDN website doesn't let me to do it!

Looking forward to hearing from you regarding the solution.

Thursday, March 21, 2019 2:58 PM
  • Hi BESTMBAMAN,

You are using ssms to restore the database, you only need to select the location of your bak file in the location of the screenshot below:

About how to upload pictures on msdn:

Hope this could help you .

Best regards,

Dedmon Dai

MSDN Community Support

Friday, March 22, 2019 1:49 AM
  • Hello Dedmon Dai,

Sorry for my late reply. Below I attached an screenshot of what I tried to explain earlier. hope this gives a better view of the issue and I get an answer for it.

***I tried to submit my answer but I get this message: " body pictures ca not be inserted till we can verify your account", how I should get my account verified?***

Looking forward to hearing from you

Thanks

BestMbaMan

Monday, March 25, 2019 12:26 AM
  • Re-login to your account and you will be asked to verify it.

MSDN Community Support

Monday, March 25, 2019 1:46 AM
  • I re-logged in but there is no verification!

Please help me with it.

Thanks

Monday, March 25, 2019 2:12 AM
  • I have already vote you, you will try to send pictures after.

MSDN Community Support

Monday, March 25, 2019 5:28 AM
  • I get this message:

Body text cannot contain images or links until we are able to verify your account.

Is this MSDN problem or windows problem. I have just purchased and installed my win 10 on this machine!

• Edited by BESTMBAMAN Tuesday, March 26, 2019 4:27 AM
    Monday, March 25, 2019 5:33 PM
  • Hello!

I am waiting to get your reply!my problem hasn't been sorted out yet, please answer quickly

Thanks

Tuesday, March 26, 2019 5:12 PM
  • Please try to resend the image now.

MSDN Community Support

Wednesday, March 27, 2019 1:36 AM
  • NOooooo! still the same error!!

What is this webpage's issue!!!! it's so frsutrating now!

Thanks

Thursday, March 28, 2019 4:43 PM