none
Updating Report if Query of dataset changes RRS feed

• Question

• Hi guys,

I have a report which draws from dataset X. I have updated the query in dataset X by limiting the date from no restriction to past 24 hours.

Now that the dataset has changed, how do I make sure the data within the report is also up to date- i do not want to recreate the report as it had a lot of formatting that i did.

Any ideas?

Tuesday, July 10, 2018 2:44 PM

Answers

• It's a shared dataset, i have amended the query on the data set by adding a date restriction. When I go on the report it does not change the data.

Oh ok

In that case, you need to refresh the dataset reference within the report and then deploy the modified dataset ( if you've done already) as well as the report to the server

Please Mark This As Answer if it solved your issue
    Please Vote This As Helpful if it helps to solve your issue
    Visakh
    ----------------------------
    My Wiki User Page
    My MSDN Page
    My Personal Blog
    My Facebook Page

• Marked as answer by taz 91 Tuesday, July 10, 2018 3:37 PM
    Tuesday, July 10, 2018 3:33 PM

All replies

• As long as there's no change in dataset structure you dont need to do anything except clearing the cache (if its set). Otherwise report will show updated data on rendering

If you add new columns, removed or renamed few , the dataset have to be refreshed from within the report and redeployed.

Visakh
    My Wiki User Page
    My MSDN Page
    My Personal Blog
    My Facebook Page

Tuesday, July 10, 2018 3:12 PM
  • It's a shared dataset, i have amended the query on the data set by adding a date restriction. When I go on the report it does not change the data.
    Tuesday, July 10, 2018 3:22 PM

Oh ok

In that case, you need to refresh the dataset reference within the report and then deploy the modified dataset ( if you've done already) as well as the report to the server

Visakh
    My Wiki User Page
    My MSDN Page
    My Personal Blog
    My Facebook Page

• Marked as answer by taz 91 Tuesday, July 10, 2018 3:37 PM
    Tuesday, July 10, 2018 3:33 PM
  • Thank you Visakh :)
    Tuesday, July 10, 2018 3:37 PM