none
Error When Running sp_refresh_log_shipping_monitor

Question

• I am trying to run sp_refresh_log_shipping_monitor but am recieving the following error.....

Msg 8114, Level 16, State 5, Procedure sp_MSproxylogshippingmonitorrefresh,
    Line 0 Error converting data type nvarchar to tinyint.

The sp_refresh_log_shipping_monitor procedures makes a call to sp_MSproxylogshippingmonitortorefresh passing @mode = mode instead of @mode which i thought was the cause of the issue - when looking for the sp_MSproxylogshippingmonitortorefresh i can't actually find the procedure!
    • Edited by Funkoid Friday, May 29, 2009 10:54 AM
    Friday, May 29, 2009 10:48 AM

All replies

• what is the TSQL statement you're executing that's raising this error?

Sunday, May 31, 2009 9:28 PM
  • I too am getting this error.  Here are the statements I've run...

declare @AgentIDL uniqueidentifier
    , @agenttypeL tinyint
    , @modeL tinyint

set @AgentIDL = 'AF6829D2-EE9F-48D7-BEE7-21C221B5FF6C'
    set @agenttypeL = 0
    set @modeL = 1

exec sp_refresh_log_shipping_monitor @agent_id = @AgentIDL, @agent_type = @agenttypeL, @mode = @modeL

or this

exec sp_refresh_log_shipping_monitor @agent_id = 'AF6829D2-EE9F-48D7-BEE7-21C221B5FF6C', @agent_type = 0, @mode = 1

Thursday, June 18, 2009 6:10 PM
  • I have something similar - works fine for 79 databases on a server, fails for 1, the only thing I can see different is that the database name for the db that errors has numerals in the name.

exec sp_refresh_log_shipping_monitor '42C78667-A2DA-414B-B0A2-66C0415DA9A2', 0,'Statistic',1  (this one works)
    exec sp_refresh_log_shipping_monitor '100FDA43-1993-4135-BE68-EF04F4FBE21C', 0,'StatisticAPI_02',1 (this one doesn't)
    Thursday, July 02, 2009 10:54 PM
  • Has anybody found a solution for this?
    Tuesday, January 04, 2011 6:34 PM
  • I found a workaround for this. Since log shipping creates linked server connection to monitoring server on primary and secondary instances if monitoring server is used, I open security pane of the linked server which is something like LOGSHIPLINK_XXX_XXX , changed the security setting to "Be made using this security context" and geve a priviledged user of monitoring instance. It gives an error after clicking OK but updates. After this report came back to normal.

Also there is another case I catched is, if log shipping is modified, and if a database haven't been changed (very small transaction logs, I think empty) since log shipping is modified LS status report do not update itself for recovery. I have created and deleted a dummy table to solve this.

Thursday, April 14, 2011 10:40 AM