none
Basic Authenticated HTTP Connection To SSAS Is Very Slow RRS feed

• Question

• I'm configuring my SSAS connection to use HTTP and all works fine. The problem is that the connection is very slow when I'm using just basic authentication and passing the username and password as part of the ConnectionString. If I change MSMDPUMP.dll IIS app to Anonymous Authentication, the connection works "as fast" as without HTTP. Again, the problem is that Anonymous Authentication is not acceptable for me and I really need Basic Authenticated security.

What's happening with the Basic Authentication and is there a way to make it faster? The solution is unusable at the moment.

Monday, October 1, 2012 1:30 PM

All replies

• I noticed that the network traffic from SSAS/IIS machine is about 20 times slower when using Basic Authentication compared to when using Anonymous Authentication. Seems like the Basic Authentication is generating some really big overhead which slows everything down a lot!

Wednesday, October 3, 2012 8:02 AM
  • Hi Antti Simonen,

Since the issue is most related to IIS, I suggest you post the issue to IIS forum as below:
    http://forums.iis.net/

Thanks,
    Eileen

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Wednesday, October 3, 2012 9:16 AM
  • Ok, I'll try that. I'm not sure which one this issue concerns SSAS or IIS but I'll try the IIS forum too.
    Wednesday, October 3, 2012 10:46 AM