none
Is possible to add VERTICAL line in Bar (Horizontal) Chart?

All replies

• Well, technically no and you should inform your client about the tool limitations. But if it is a sort of make-or-break scenario, I can suggest a difficult workaround.

1) Make the image of a line in paint and add it to your report. Call it 'temp'

2) Suppose you are seeing the sales per day of the week and your table will have 2 columns - Day and Sales. Make a row called "Line" in your dataset query under Day column with  the sales as the value where you want the line to appear.So if you have want the line to come at 60, then your sales value should be 60

3) Make the color of the chart to be invisible if Day value is "Line"

4) Click on the bar, then press F4 to open the properties panel on the right. Then go to the Marker-->Image and write the following in the expression.

=iif(Fields!DayOfWeek.Value="Line", "temp","")

5) Preview the report and you should see something like shown below

You will have to do lot of iterations to the image, such that it will not cut the x axis as it is doing right now. You might also want to remove the extra white spacings on either side of the line. In short, it's a lot of work but it is not impossible. I did this in 5 minutes but if I need to do it properly, I guess I will have to spend another hour on it

Cheers,
    Jason
    P.S. : Please click the 'Mark as Answer' button if a post solves your problem! :)

Some Random Thoughts

Wednesday, October 19, 2011 10:11 AM
  • Thanks for your reply Jason, I will try this.

-Galee

Wednesday, October 19, 2011 10:33 AM
  • Hi,

I achieved this by Using "Stripelines".

Now my challenge is to draw a Stripelines for first two records in the table.

For first record , I used the expression "=First(Fields!TableName.Value)" and successfully got the Stripeline.

Now my requirement is to get a Stripeline for Second record of the table.

I dono how to achieve this using Expression?

Any help please would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance..

Thursday, November 10, 2011 4:29 AM