none
Second step of Oracle Extension Pack Installer(SSMAforOracleExtensionPack_8.2.0.msi) always fails! RRS feed

• Question

• Second step of Oracle Extension Pack Installer(SSMAforOracleExtensionPack_8.2.0.msi) always fails with error message "Invalid option syntax: 'Files\Microsoft'. I'm using Windows10 and trying to do an Oracle migration to Azure Sql database. I have all the prerequisites installed. I've tried multiple recommended fixes to no avail such as:

• Manually running SSMA Script Installer.exe
    • Removing spaces in the installation dir pathname

When I proceed with my Oracle migration with SSMA, I end up with the error message "Error occurred while inserting table information into Data Migration Auxiliary table. Reason: Invalid object name '<databasename>.o2ss.MSSsmaDmTables". I suspect this is a missing table from the incomplete extension pack install.

Can anyone help?

Wednesday, June 12, 2019 10:04 PM

All replies

• Hi HeizenbergX,

>>Error occurred while inserting table information into Data Migration Auxiliary table. Reason: Invalid object name '<databasename>.o2ss.MSSsmaDmTables"

Please make sure you haven't miss the following steps when you migrate the data from Oracle  to Azure Sql database:

1. In the Oracle Metadata Explorer, convert the Oracle Schema to Microsoft SQL database objects.

2. In the SQL Server Metadata Explorer, synchronize the changes with SQL Server.

3. In the Oracle Metadata Explorer, start to migrate the data.

For more details, please refer to https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/cb691d8d-68fb-4127-b2b5-b2d50254f8a5/error-migrating-data-error-occurred-while-inserting-table-information-into-data-migration-auxiliary?forum=sqlservermigration

Hope this could help you .

Best regards,

Dedmon Da

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Thursday, June 13, 2019 7:56 AM
  • Hi Dedmon,

Tried that already but it didn't fix it.I always get an error when I start the second part of the Extension pack install ("Invalid option syntax: '\Files\Microsoft' ").  Do you think it might be causing the 'Invalid object name' error? Is there any workaround?

Thanks

Friday, June 14, 2019 4:55 PM
  • Hey,

Can you reach out to us through Help -> Feedback option in SSMA? We can follow up from there and collect necessary debugging information.

Missing table should not be related to Extension Pack - that table is created during data migration to keep track of disabled constraints and should be dropped afterwards. Maybe user account you are using for migration doesn't have permissions to create tables?

For the extension pack - I could not reproduce the issue. I used standard installation location (Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server Migration ...) and it installed correctly (both steps).

Again, please reach out to us through the feedback feature in the tool and we can follow up.

Thanks,
    Alex.

Monday, June 17, 2019 4:43 PM
  • Just to close on this - we followed up with HeizenbergX offline. I didn't notice at the beginning that his target was Azure SQL Database and that was the root cause. Extension Pack is not supported for Azure SQL DB, so you don't need to install it.

Monday, June 24, 2019 6:32 PM