none
Full Text Serch for AdventureWorks and other installation questions RRS feed

• General discussion

• I downloaded AdventureWorks2017.bak from Release AdventureWorks sample databases and then I went to the Readme.

The Readme says I need Filestream. Well how do I know if it is installed?

The Readme says to download AdventureWorks-oltp-install-script.zip and extract it then follow the instructions at the top of instawdb.sql file. The comments there say "Enable full-text search on your SQL Server instance.". I don't know if it is enabled, how do I check?

The script ran successfully except for errors say:

Full-Text Search is not installed, or a full-text component cannot be loaded.

How do I determine what I need to do?

Also, am I correct that the script does not use the backup file? Are the scripts an alternative to the backups?

The instructions probably assume I already know SQL Server but I am installing the samples to learn.

I have been using Visual Studio since before it was Visual Studio and I don't think I have ever gotten a SQL Server sample database installed; not in the past quarter of a century at least. Hopefully I can get AdventureWorks installed and then next I will go for Wide World Importers.

Update: I was able to use the backups to create the databases. This post can be a suggestion for improving the documentation.

Sam Hobbs
    SimpleSamples.Info

• Changed type Simple Samples Sunday, February 18, 2018 7:44 AM I used databgase backups
    • Edited by Simple Samples Sunday, February 18, 2018 7:46 AM Added update
    Saturday, February 17, 2018 11:28 PM

All replies