none
Cube Building is taking more time RRS feed

• Question

• Dear All,

I am a newbie to SSAS. We have implemented the DW one month back. Our environment is as follow:

SSAS: SSAS 2008 64 bit

we use a third party tool called profit base to create a DW. the steps are:

Step 1: transfer the data from different remote OLTP servers to the warehouse database(take 3 Hrs)

step 2: build the cubes.(we are doing full process everyday, took 2 hrs)

Both the steps were finished in 5 Hrs. But now the problem is for the last two week the time taken to build the cube increased to 5 hrs. there is no major change in the data volume and server also. we do not use any partition in the cube. Can you guys please suggest me some idea to troubleshoot the issue.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Thaya

Wednesday, May 19, 2010 7:06 AM

All replies

• Hi Thaya,

I would suggest to collect a Profiler Trace and Performance Monitor data to check what is taking long duing processing and if there are any bottlenecks on the system.
    In such situations it is always helpful if you have these data collected during "good performance" to be able to compare what is the difference.

Additionally check if there were any updates changes done (not only to SSAS but also Windows) when the problem started.
    Or if there are any erros on the hardware or any other software that could have an impact.

HTH,
    Orsi

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Wednesday, May 19, 2010 7:51 AM
    Answerer