none
Incorrect printing in microsoft edge RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Team,

Please help me out to solve this issue.

when we print a pdf with landscape orientation, pdfjs is not smart enough to rotate canvases in IE edge (Chrome printing is OK), user must set orientation by hand.

It is not working on orientation mode. I have specified media print for “landscape” and “portrait” but it always shows portrait mode.

I have also made some changes in viewer js file according to URL but not working.

Thanks 

Manish Pushpadh

Wednesday, November 27, 2019 10:36 AM

All replies

• Hi Manish Pushpadh,

Not sure, which version of PDF.JS you are using for making a test.

I check the PDF.JS github issues and found this information in a response for the similar issue.

The problem is that browsers generally provide no way to control the print dialog through JavaScript. The @pageCSS rule is not (well) supported, unfortunately, so at the moment this is hard to fix.

References:

(1) Print orientation in IE11

(2) IE: Incorrect printing in Internet Explorer

There are some ways mentioned in the second link but none of it solves the issue. As the issue is in PDF.JS library, we cannot fix it from IE browser side.

Also they had mentioned that support for IE 11/Edge is limited and will eventually be completely removed:

While the library and the default viewer should still work in IE 11/Edge (non-Chromium-based) for the time being, some functionality/features may not be available and the performance will be worse compared to modern browsers. Going forward, only bugs which completely prevent the library and/or the default viewer from running will be accepted.

Reference:

Close issues only relevant for IE 11/Edge

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, November 27, 2019 1:44 PM