none
SQL installation Error 1311. source file not found: missing .cab file

Question

• Hi,

I am trying to instal SQL Server 2005 Standard on my Windows XP SP2. In between the installation I got the below error:

Error 1311. source file not found: E:\softwares\sql server x86\tools\setup\_14585_RTL_x86_enu_environment_baseline.cab. Verify that the file exists and that you can access it.

Please suggest me what is the problem I am facing and how I will be able to install the SQL Server?? I don't have IIS currently but I am not sure if IIS is the reason for the same?
    • Edited by GurunGuns Saturday, May 15, 2010 3:56 PM formatting
    Saturday, May 15, 2010 3:46 PM

Answers

• Hi,

How did you get the installation file?

I recommend that you load the iso file by using some virtual cd drive software such as Daemon tools lite.

In some situation, if you extract it from iso file, you will encounter vary issue.

Monday, May 17, 2010 10:02 AM

All replies

• Hello,

It seems you are installing from a hard drive, not from a DVD. Please make sure that CAB file is there.

Disable antivirus software please.

If you have the original media, please install from there.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Alberto Morillo
    SQLCoffee.com

Saturday, May 15, 2010 8:19 PM
  • the specified file exist at the path but the file icon is showing is of winRar file. I don't know what is the problem ?
    Thanks!! MCP
    Sunday, May 16, 2010 11:56 AM
  • Hi,

How did you get the installation file?

I recommend that you load the iso file by using some virtual cd drive software such as Daemon tools lite.

In some situation, if you extract it from iso file, you will encounter vary issue.

Monday, May 17, 2010 10:02 AM