none
linking different sources RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi, I'm having an issue which I hope to solve with MDS.

We need to link our own system with data from the outside world.

We already have some logic to get a high matching rate. Now we want to propose this data to the end-user so the user can validate this data and optimize. We thought MDS would be ideal for this situation.

we need to map an internal product with one or many external products.

The user should be able to choose an item from the "proposed product list" or via a form (with filters) to get the list. As you can imagine, there are thousands of products, so we want to filter by category, brand,...  

We do not want all "internal product" - "external product" combination which the end-user needs to validate one by one, we want the "internal products" as the main dataset and map it with the "external products".

After we can use this as a source in our BI environment.

Would this be possible with MDS or do you suggest an other tool?

Thanks in advance.

• Changed type BramDe Monday, April 22, 2013 8:57 AM no feedback
    Thursday, April 18, 2013 1:37 PM

All replies

• Maybe MDS is not the right tool for this?
    Tuesday, April 30, 2013 9:47 AM
  • BramDe,

This sounds like a requirement I would use Data Quality Services for.  DQS would provide end users a simple interface to re-work corrections and all the good data could pass through the KB onto your BI system.  You might still want MDS for management of the product master and conduct more advanced business rules and workflows but I think DQS is something you should consider first.

Chad

Chad Dotzenrod SWC | TECHNOLOGY PARTNERS 1420 Kensington Road, Suite 110 Oak Brook, Illinois 60523-2144 http://www.swc.com

Friday, May 3, 2013 2:23 AM