none
Cannot Acquire Connection manager RRS feed

• Question

• Hi 

I have an informix OLEDB Source and parameterized the connection as Project parameter and deployed the package to server. 

The Execution was going good when i run manually, but when i run from SSMS the execution getting failed with Error as below 

SSIS Error Code DTS_E_CANNOTACQUIRECONNECTIONFROMCONNECTIONMANAGER. The AcquireConnection method call to the connection manager “MyServer.MyDatabase” failed with error code 0xC0202009.

Can you please how to overcome this and i need to schedule this package from SQL Server Agent as a next step.

Thanks,

Tuesday, June 21, 2016 7:03 PM

Answers

• Might also be related to what drivers you have installed i am assuming you tested it on BIDS so you must have 32 bit drivers installed, how about where you are scheduling it? do you have 64 bit drivers installed? Or did you choose Run 32 bit environment from Job Scheduler

Abhinav http://bishtabhinav.wordpress.com/

• Marked as answer by Rajm0019 Wednesday, June 22, 2016 1:14 PM
    Tuesday, June 21, 2016 9:10 PM

All replies

• Have you saved your package with Encrypt Sensitive?

If so, the SQL Agent won't be able to user the credentials for the connection, and access the server.

Don't forget to mark helpful posts, and answers. It helps others to find relevant posts to the same question. Enjoyed my post? Hit the up arrow (left)
    Really enjoyed it? See my profile!
    My Tech Net Articles.

Tuesday, June 21, 2016 7:44 PM
  • Might also be related to what drivers you have installed i am assuming you tested it on BIDS so you must have 32 bit drivers installed, how about where you are scheduling it? do you have 64 bit drivers installed? Or did you choose Run 32 bit environment from Job Scheduler

Abhinav http://bishtabhinav.wordpress.com/

• Marked as answer by Rajm0019 Wednesday, June 22, 2016 1:14 PM
    Tuesday, June 21, 2016 9:10 PM
  • Hi Rajm0019,

As far as I know, this error is usually due to a specified connection failed.

Please try to check that the SQL Agent account has sufficient permissions to access the database when using windows authentication to connect to the database.

If the SQL Agent account has no sufficient permissions to access the database but you want to use windows authentication to connect to the database, please try to create a proxy account to run the package in SQL Agent job.

For more details about this issue, please check this link.

Regards,
    Seif

• Edited by Seif Wang Wednesday, June 22, 2016 6:57 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Sudeep Raj Wednesday, June 22, 2016 8:51 AM
    Wednesday, June 22, 2016 6:57 AM
  • Run as 32 bit Worked.. Thanks all for your inputs.. 

regards

Rajesh

Wednesday, June 22, 2016 1:14 PM