none
The new connection manager could not be created. RRS feed

Answers

All replies

• Well I can't help you fix it, but I am having the exact same problem. I'd be interested to know if and how you resolved this. I have tried removing all of SQL2005 and VS.2005, reinstalling only SQL2005. But still the same issue.

Thanks
    Tim
    Monday, August 15, 2005 11:51 PM
  • Please try to

regsvr32 "%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft SQL Server\90\DTS\Binn\DtsConn.dll"
    Tuesday, August 16, 2005 12:00 AM
  • Michael,
    Thanks for the response, but ...
    ... unfortunately - that did not help.
    Tim
    Tuesday, August 16, 2005 2:15 PM
  • Just as info - I removed the Integration Services component using the Add/Remove programs option. After removal I tried to create a new OLEDB connection manager in the design studio as before - and big surprise - this time it worked ok. Two surprises - I did not really expect the design studio to be available after I removed SSIS.

So I reinstalled Integration Services and again the old problem is back.
    Hoping that this might give someone out there a clue as to what the problem might be here.

Wednesday, August 17, 2005 11:33 PM
  • Yes, I have done like you! That's good! :-D
    Saturday, April 22, 2006 8:18 PM
  • I am also facing the same problem if I try to create any new connection from connection manager.  Is there any workaround available?

Plz Help.

Sunday, February 18, 2007 8:28 PM
  • Ignore my suggestion above, please consult this KB instead:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;913817
    Sunday, February 18, 2007 8:50 PM
  •  

I managaged to fix my issue by adding the DbProviderFactories entry in my maching.config file.  For some reason it was missing.

I used the following link to resolve my issue.

Hope this helps as the above message is just a workaround.

http://blogs.msdn.com/wriju/archive/2007/03/08/orcas-march-2007-ctp-error-unable-to-find-the-requested-net-framework-data-provider-it-may-not-be-installed.aspx

Monday, February 25, 2008 10:21 AM
  • This Blog is "Archived" and I cannot access it or find it. Someone please help. I am having the same issue but with Visual Studio 2019 Where connection manager will not allow me to make any connection of any sort! Following detailed error as follows:

TITLE: Microsoft Visual Studio
    ------------------------------

The new connection manager could not be created.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

Could not enumerate the registered connections. (Microsoft.DataTransformationServices.Design)

For help, click: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink?ProdName=Microsoft%C2%AE%20Visual%20Studio%C2%AE&ProdVer=16.4.29806.167&EvtSrc=Microsoft.DataTransformationServices.Design.SR&EvtID=CouldNotEnumerateConnectionInfos&LinkId=20476

Unable to find the directories containing Tasks and Data Flow Task components. Check the integrity of your installation.

Unable to find the directories containing Tasks and Data Flow Task components. Check the integrity of your installation.

BUTTONS:

OK

PLEASE HELP ME. Ive searched Everything on the internet to no avail and spent weeks and countless hours trying to fix this. 

Monday, March 9, 2020 11:59 PM