locked
Report Manager Report Layout RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi all,

    I created a report with a couple of simple graphs in VS 2010 and it looks fine. I then deployed it to our development server to have a look and its fine. 

    So I then deployed it to our production server where it looks... well like this...

     

    The graphs are duplicated and the duplicate ones are covering the toolbar at the top of report manager. If I export it to PDF or Excel the formatting is fine. I've tried viewing the report in IE and Chrome with the same results, on a different PC using different browsers, on the server and I get the same results which leads me to believe that there is some issue with the html rendering on the production server. Both the DEV and PRD servers are SQL 2012 and were built at the same time.

    I removed one of the graphs and it's fine so I thought it may have something to do with that graph, so I put them both back and then removed the other one and it was also fine. If there is only one graph it renders correctly, but add another and I get this issue.

    I'm not even sure on where to start looking to fix this, so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, or even a idea of what to Google. Googling issues on formatting graphs in SSRS returns millions of results, but none that I can find that are related to this problem.

    Cheers,

    David.

    Thursday, April 21, 2016 11:16 PM

Answers

  • After looking at the html produced by both of these reports I found that they were pretty much identical. This made me think that it was an issue with an external resource rather than the report. I found that the ReportingServices.css files were different. There had been a fix put in (http://www.sanssql.com/2015/04/ssrs-reports-not-visible-on-google.html) that allows reports to be visible in Chrome.

    div {
    overflow: visible !important;
    }

    Took this out an I got myself a real pretty report now! Thanks for the above suggestions. Chrome will have to wait.

    • Marked as answer by drsch3x Monday, April 25, 2016 10:49 PM
    Monday, April 25, 2016 10:48 PM

All replies

  • Hi David,

    In your scenario, please run the report in the IE browser which is the same version as you run in development server. You can also run the report in compatibility mode.

    Besides, you can check the Report.aspx file under this location C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSRS12.MSSQLSERVER\Reporting Services\ReportManager\Pages on both development server and production server, make sure they are the same.

    If issue persists, please restart reporting services and server.

    If you have any question, please feel free to ask.

    Best Regards,
    Qiuyun Yu


    Qiuyun Yu
    TechNet Community Support


    Friday, April 22, 2016 9:00 AM
  • Hi Qiuyun,

    Thanks for the reply. I've restarted the service and server a couple of times and the issue is still there. I've run the report on every available PC including the dev server in compatibility mode in IE (same versions) and Chrome.

    The Report.aspx only has a couple of lines in it, but they are identical.

    The problem is still there. 

    Any other ideas?

    Cheers,

    David.

    Sunday, April 24, 2016 3:36 AM
  • Hi Qiuyun,

    Thanks for the reply. I've restarted the service and server a couple of times and the issue is still there. I've run the report on every available PC including the dev server in compatibility mode in IE (same versions) and Chrome.

    The Report.aspx only has a couple of lines in it, but they are identical.

    The problem is still there. 

    Any other ideas?

    Cheers,

    David.

    Would it be possible for you to share the rdl file with some sample dataset created for the reports instead of your actual ones? If yes, I can see if I'm able to reproduce this in my 2012 server here

    Please Mark This As Answer if it solved your issue
    Please Vote This As Helpful if it helps to solve your issue
    Visakh
    ----------------------------
    My Wiki User Page
    My MSDN Page
    My Personal Blog
    My Facebook Page

    Sunday, April 24, 2016 5:18 AM
  • Hi Visakh,

    I've found that it's not one particular rdl, it's any with more than 1 graph. I've created the simplest report with 2 graphs that I can and it still has the exact same problem.

    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5W0_goAVrYMU241UXVaRHEwdGs/view?usp=sharing

    Have a look and please let me know what you find.

    Cheers,

    David.

    Sunday, April 24, 2016 11:16 AM
  • After looking at the html produced by both of these reports I found that they were pretty much identical. This made me think that it was an issue with an external resource rather than the report. I found that the ReportingServices.css files were different. There had been a fix put in (http://www.sanssql.com/2015/04/ssrs-reports-not-visible-on-google.html) that allows reports to be visible in Chrome.

    div {
    overflow: visible !important;
    }

    Took this out an I got myself a real pretty report now! Thanks for the above suggestions. Chrome will have to wait.

    • Marked as answer by drsch3x Monday, April 25, 2016 10:49 PM
    Monday, April 25, 2016 10:48 PM