none
Inadequate Documentation RRS feed

• Question

• In Report Manager Help I tried to look up the explanation for a Custom Report Builder Launch URL and it is missing.

I tried to see how My Reports may be enabled in site Settings (Report Manager)  there is no such item to choose although MSDN Documentation suggests enabling it in Site settings.

Any idea about this?

I guess they (MS Documentation guys) iterated the 2005 documentation and did not update it.

Saturday, September 6, 2008 9:06 PM
    Answerer

Answers

•  

Thank you Jayaram.

I have forwarded this to our SSRS documentation manager.

Monday, September 8, 2008 3:57 AM
  • Thank you for the feedback. We'll consider this for the next version of SQL Server Books Online.

For your first question, the text box in Report Manager corresponds to the ReportBuilderLaunchURL property (which you can find in SQL Server Management Studio: connect to your Reporting Services instance, right click the server node in Object Explorer, click Properties, and then select the Advanced page). The property is used to specify a custom URL when the report server doesn't use the default Report Builder URL. You do not have to specify anything for this property if you use the default URL.

For your second question, you can enable My Reports in SQL Server Management Studio also. Same steps as above, but on the General page you'll find a check box for "Enable a My Reports folder for each user."

Tuesday, September 9, 2008 6:41 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• Thread  moved from SSIS forum.
    Sunday, September 7, 2008 12:14 AM
  • Sorry. I made a mistake in posting to the wrong group.

Sunday, September 7, 2008 12:17 AM
    Answerer
  •  

Thank you Jayaram.

I have forwarded this to our SSRS documentation manager.

Monday, September 8, 2008 3:57 AM
  • Thank you for the feedback. We'll consider this for the next version of SQL Server Books Online.

For your first question, the text box in Report Manager corresponds to the ReportBuilderLaunchURL property (which you can find in SQL Server Management Studio: connect to your Reporting Services instance, right click the server node in Object Explorer, click Properties, and then select the Advanced page). The property is used to specify a custom URL when the report server doesn't use the default Report Builder URL. You do not have to specify anything for this property if you use the default URL.

For your second question, you can enable My Reports in SQL Server Management Studio also. Same steps as above, but on the General page you'll find a check box for "Enable a My Reports folder for each user."

Tuesday, September 9, 2008 6:41 PM
    Answerer
  • Thanks for the clarification.

Tuesday, September 9, 2008 10:02 PM
    Answerer