none
Object must implement IConvertible. (mscorlib) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

My Operating sysyem is Windows 2016

SQL Server is 2016

SQL Server management Syudio is V17.0

Database Engine Tuning advisor is 14.0.500.272

from SQL management studio I marked the Select Query and right click with mouse and choose "Analyse Query and database engine tuning advisor"

The following error occured to me "The argument type 'server type = Sql, server name = KSHQ-DB, timeout = 30, database = KSH_Cloudcare, protocol = NotSpecified, workstation = , integrated security = True' cannot be converted into parameter type 'Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.Common.SqlConnectionInfo'. (mscorlib)

Object must implement IConvertible. (mscorlib)"

how can I solve this problem ?

Thanks & Regards

Sunday, May 21, 2017 2:22 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hello,

This seems to be a bug. I reported the issue on Microsoft Connect a directly to the SSMS team as well.

https://connect.microsoft.com/SQLServer/feedback/details/3134548

Please follow the Connect item to know when a fix will be available.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Alberto Morillo
    SQLCoffee.com

Sunday, May 21, 2017 10:51 PM
  • Yep, having same issue.  So, who is exactly testing these releases? I am having with Database Engine Tuning Advisor with SSMS 2016, so I thought 2017 would be the way to go....guess not.
    Wednesday, June 14, 2017 4:13 PM
  • Hello 

since connect.microsoft.com is discontinued, can please post the actual workaround?

Thanks and best regards,

Sven

Friday, February 23, 2018 7:51 AM
  • I had the error, when tried to run Database Tuning Advisor from SSMS.

As a workaround I was able to start stand-alone Database Tuning Advisor and then specify SQL file as workload.

Monday, February 26, 2018 12:33 PM
  • I am seeing the same thing with version 17.9.1   I am also doing the same workaround.
    Monday, March 25, 2019 4:29 PM