SQL Server Management Studio 2012 Support Error RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I'm Using Windows Server 2008 Service Pack 2 Os. I have installed SQL Server 2014 and SQL Server Management Studio 2012. I Connected My server through SSMS and Created a Database. When i Supposed to create a new table it shows an Error 

"This backend version is not supported to design database diagrams or tables. (MS Visual Database Tools)". Why This happens and Please Provide a solution for this Error.

Saturday, March 5, 2016 1:58 PM

Answers

• Yes It works.. Thanks Alberto..
    • Marked as answer by Prem_nath Saturday, March 5, 2016 3:18 PM
    Saturday, March 5, 2016 3:18 PM

All replies

• Hello,

This is happening because you are trying to use SSMS 2012 (a lower version SSMS) to create a database diagram on SQL 2014.

Please download and install SQL Server 2014 Management Studio and make sure the owner of the database is “sa” and you won’t have problems doing this anymore.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Alberto Morillo
    SQLCoffee.com

Saturday, March 5, 2016 2:11 PM
  • To start with What is version of your SSMS. Open SSMS on top left you can see help click on it and whatever screen appears can you show us ?

Also run following in new query and post the output

select @@Version
    I also suggest you see this Technet Link

Please mark this reply as answer if it solved your issue or vote as helpful if it helped so that other forum members can benefit from it

My Wiki Articles

MVP

Saturday, March 5, 2016 2:12 PM
  • Yes I did.. i displays as

"Microsoft SQL Server 2014 - 12.0.2000.8 (X64) 
    Feb 20 2014 20:04:26 
    Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation
    Express Edition (64-bit) on Windows NT 6.0 <X64> (Build 6002: Service Pack 2)"

Saturday, March 5, 2016 2:58 PM
    • Marked as answer by Prem_nath Saturday, March 5, 2016 3:18 PM
    Saturday, March 5, 2016 3:18 PM

And so why have you marked your thank you as answer. Is this really the answer for your question. Alberto please mark this as not an answer and you can mark appropriate response as answer

Please mark this reply as answer if it solved your issue or vote as helpful if it helped so that other forum members can benefit from it

My Wiki Articles

MVP

Sunday, March 6, 2016 6:03 AM