none
Storing Credentials RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I'm trying to set up schedules and subscriptions, up until now I have been using the "As the user viewing the report" option for credentials. 

Now I need to use the stored credentials, I was going to go with still using the windows credentials, but even though my credentials are exactly the same I get an error. 

I'm using OLEDB to connect to the datasource. Do I need to specify anything additional in the connection string when using this option, could it be a permission error on the Report Server itself, even though I'm using the same credentials, or could there be some other problem? 

Thanks in advance

Wednesday, July 17, 2019 2:57 PM

All replies

• Hi lswaddle

According to your description , you could try to check the following steps :

• Check if the same credentials would work in report in local report builder or ssdt.
    • Check if you have use the correct username and password.(seems should use the format like <domian>/<username>).
    • Check if it works fine on sql server account. And make sure your windows account have the permission to access the correspond data source.
    • You could offer more detailed information to us for more further research like issue screenshot and the ssrs log.

Hoping for your reply.

Best Regards,

Eric Liu

Best Regards, Eric Liu MSDN Community Support Please remember to click Mark as Answer if the responses that resolved your issue, and to click Unmark as Answer if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread.

• Proposed as answer by Eric Liu001 Monday, July 22, 2019 2:16 AM
    Thursday, July 18, 2019 1:45 AM