none
Printing with ReportViewer 2016 RRS feed

• Question

• We started to use the new report viewer 2016 control and it works great, except in cases where we need to print.

If the page size is a standard A4 sized page, we don't have any issues, but in one application we need to print to a custom sized envelope (12cm x 24cm|4.72in x 9.44in).

Because the report is first converted to PDF and then printed, Adobe wants to select A4 as the page size, but this then causes the printing to be miss-aligned on the envelope. To fix this, the user needs to physically select ''Choose page source by PDF page size" along with fit or scale to 100%. The problem is that this tick box is only available in the Internet Explorer print window.

One option I tried is to register a custom page size on the system and then in code tell the report viewer to make use of this page size:

pageSettings.PaperSize = new System.Drawing.Printing.PaperSize("RAEnvelope", 5, 9);
    The only problem is that the print dialog then doesn't select this paper size and still defaults to A4. How can I get the control and the resulting PDF get to honor the page size settings?

Thursday, February 16, 2017 8:39 AM

All replies

• Hi Marais,

If I understand correctly that you would like to set printer paper size with Report Viewer control 2016 in c# code for RDLC report, but it does not work, right?

First, you can try to set paper size by Report Properties. Report Properties->page setup.

Check if the issue persist.

Then would you please try to use the previous version of Report Viewer control (e.g. ReportViewer2015)with the same code and check if the issue persist? 

Thanks,

Pirlo Zhang

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Pirlo Zhang Monday, February 20, 2017 1:51 PM
    Friday, February 17, 2017 10:21 AM