none
Quote report help RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am trying to create a report from a quote table in my database, could someone please explain how I get my query to only output 1 line ( i will explain):

quote 1 = 4 products i.e. the customer has requested pricing on 4 products which are all in the same quote. When I query the quote i get 4 lines of output which i guess is correct, but when i try to show the query in a report viewer it also shows the address 4 times the owner 4 times and so on.

How do i query to show only the quote address, phone number, names etc ONCE but show all FOUR products?

Please help...

Ian

Monday, June 30, 2008 8:08 AM

Answers

• Hi Chen,

Please note that Reporting Services generate the page after the report body is rendered. So it is impossible to control the report body by using page number variable.

Try to using the dataset to determine the content in the first page would show or not as the workaround.

Hopefully this helps. Thanks.

Tuesday, July 1, 2008 10:00 AM

All replies

• Hi there,

You could use a select DISTINCT to filter, or a group by.

cheers,

Andrew

Monday, June 30, 2008 1:21 PM
  • Hi Chen,

Please note that Reporting Services generate the page after the report body is rendered. So it is impossible to control the report body by using page number variable.

Try to using the dataset to determine the content in the first page would show or not as the workaround.

Hopefully this helps. Thanks.

Tuesday, July 1, 2008 10:00 AM