none
SSRS Client Print Control Install Crashes IE RRS feed

• Question

• When browsing to my report server in IE, running a report and clicking on the PRINT button I get prompted to install the print controller. Click on Install and get prompted to allow the script to install the ActiveX control, click on Yes.  Get an AppCrash every time.

Spent several hours researching this an none of the suggested fixes worked.

I manually registered the rsclientprint.dll successfully but still get prompted to install it when I click on Print in the report.

Report server is SQL Server Express with Advanced Services 2008 SP3.  My computer is running Windows 7 Professional 64 bit, SP1

I have local administrator rights.

Thanks

ts

Wednesday, August 2, 2017 7:41 PM

All replies

• Hi Guyatplacedotcom,

Based on my research, for Microsoft Internet Explorer, settings that affect ActiveX control download and installation are specified through the ActiveX controls and plug-ins node in the Security Settings page for the Web content zone. Users who want to use RSClientPrint to perform client-side printing must enable Download signed ActiveX controls and Script ActiveX control marked safe for scriptingfor installation purposes, and Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins for ongoing print operations. 

And did you extract and copy all the corresponding files to "C:\Windows\Downloaded Program Files" and registered the rsclientprint.dll using regsvr32 command correctly? You could refer to Installing the Reporting Services Client Print ActiveX Control for details.

In addition, you could try to change the Document Mode of Emulation in IE to see whether it works or not. If you use another browser to print the report, will solve this problem?

If you have any question, please feel free to ask.
    Best regards,
    Zoe Zhi

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, August 3, 2017 7:01 AM
  • Hi Zoe

I have done all of these already - no success.  I even tried them again to make sure it was done right, still no success.

Thursday, August 3, 2017 2:19 PM
  • Hi Guyatplacedotcom,

Based on my research, you could try to Re-registering the rsprintclient.dll, run IE browser as administrator, then modify the security level for this zone to Medium in Internet Option->Security. Then add your Report Manager URL to Trusted site, close the browser and reload it again to see whether it works or not.

In addition, if above operation don’t work, you could try to update the SSRS 2008 to see whether it works or not. You can get the SQL Server released builds information and download links from: http://sqlserverbuilds.blogspot.com/

Thanks for your understanding and support.
    Best Regards,
    Zoe Zhi

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, August 7, 2017 8:58 AM