none
matrix row subtotal RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,
    I have populated a matrix...
    The values is populated with a measure as follows:
    MyVlaues = SWITCH(SELECTEDVALUE('TableMain'[Position]), "-ve", 1,0)

Question:
    I would like to have a Total column at the end of each row which should sum up the 1's in that row
    So, In the format section of the matrix, I enabled the Column Subtotal inside the Subtotals section.
    BUT, the Total is incorrect because I only see 1 or 0 and even if a row has several 1's then the total shows as either 1 or 0
    Do you see what I have done wrong please?

Thnak you
    Monday, October 7, 2019 2:28 PM

All replies

• Hi Arkiboys

For total and subtotal rows, Power BI evaluates the measure over all rows in the underlying data – it isn't just a simple addition of the values in the visible or displayed rows. This means you can end up with different values in the total row than you might expect.

Please go through the below documentation and it is not the way Power BI works and expected to work.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/visuals/desktop-matrix-visual#understanding-how-power-bi-calculates-totals

Hope this is helpful !!

Thank you

If this post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" of that post and/or click Answered "Vote as helpful" button of that post. By marking a post as Answered and/or Helpful, you help others find the answer faster.

Monday, October 7, 2019 3:19 PM
  • Hi

Just checking in to see if my initial reply helped or you still facing any issues.

If my initial reply answers your query, do click “Mark as Answer” and Up-Vote for the same which might be beneficial to other community members reading this thread .

And, if you have any further query do let us know.

Thank you

If this post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" of that post and/or click Answered "Vote as helpful" button of that post. By marking a post as Answered and/or Helpful, you help others find the answer faster.

Tuesday, October 22, 2019 3:40 AM