none
The error while installing SQL Server 2008 R2 on Windows Xp SP3...."The specified value for setting 'FARMADMINPORT' is invalid. The expected value is Int32. RRS feed

• Question

• Gurus,

I am getting the error while installing SQL Server 2008 R2 on Windows Xp SP3.

The exact message in Summary.txt is as follows.

"The specified value for setting 'FARMADMINPORT' is invalid.  The expected value is Int32.

Can anyone please tell me the work around??

Harry
    Monday, October 31, 2011 6:47 PM

Answers

• well...I uninstalled SQL 2005 completely....deleted registry entry for 2005.......and also deleted it from the windows file system...and then I started re installing sql 2008 r2....and it worked for me......
    Harry
    • Marked as answer by Harry SQL DBA Tuesday, November 1, 2011 8:22 PM
    Tuesday, November 1, 2011 8:22 PM

All replies

• Hi Harry,

Could you please post the error messages in detail when you installed SQL Server 2008 R2? It will help us better troubleshoot the issues.

Here is a link about how to identify SQL Server 2008 setup issues through setup log files:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/955396

Hope this helps,
    Maggie

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Tuesday, November 1, 2011 12:04 PM
  • Maggie,

I know how to find the error....This error I have got from detail.txt and summary.txt files only....Please let me know if u have got any idea about it...

Harry
    Tuesday, November 1, 2011 5:54 PM
  • well...I uninstalled SQL 2005 completely....deleted registry entry for 2005.......and also deleted it from the windows file system...and then I started re installing sql 2008 r2....and it worked for me......
    Harry
    • Marked as answer by Harry SQL DBA Tuesday, November 1, 2011 8:22 PM
    Tuesday, November 1, 2011 8:22 PM