none
Data Refresh setting getting lost... RRS feed

• Question

• Hi!

Anyone having problem editing their data refresh schedule in SharePoint 2016?

I upload a PowerPivot document into my PowerPivot library. Then I want this to automatically update every night, so I create a Schedule.

The schedule works fine and the report is being updated as it should :-)

Fine, but now I want to edit my schedule.
    But to my surprise there is no schedule to edit.... (?) When I click the blue Words "Configure Schedule ..." I get a complete new schedule form ?! Just like I never created any schedule for this report before. But how come I can see the Data Refresh History if there is no schedule...?

At first I thought that this fix was going to solve my problem - FIX: Credential settings are lost when you schedule data refresh for PowerPivot workbooks  - but no, the database server has now been updated to latest SP and CU and the problem still remains.

Is there anyone out there who knows what I am talking about and even better, knows what to do about it?

Thanks in advance!

Roger

Configuration database version: 16.0.4522.1000
    SQL Server version: 13.0.4422

RB

Thursday, May 4, 2017 3:01 PM

All replies

• Hi RoggaB,

>>But how come I can see the Data Refresh History if there is no schedule...?

1)On a SharePoint site, open the library that contains an Excel workbook that contains Power Pivot data.

2)Select the workbook, and then click the down arrow that appears to the right.

3)Select Manage Power Pivot Data Refresh.If a data refresh schedule is already defined, you will see the View Data Refresh history page instead. The history page appears, showing a complete record for all refresh activity for Power Pivot data in the current Excel workbook.

Based on your operation, you click "Configure Schedule", I think you configure a new Schedule.

Please check your settings. There are the following two articles for your reference.

View Data Refresh History for an Individual Workbook.
    Manage a Data Refresh Schedule

Best Regards,
    Angelia

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, May 5, 2017 7:37 AM
  • Hi Angelia and thanks for you reply!

I think you missunderstood my problem...
    Let me try to decribe it in more detail.

1. On my SharePoint site I open my PowerPivot-library.

2. I upload a PowerPivot document.

3. I create a Schedule for my PowerPivot document.

4. I wait until the Schedule is finished.

5. I can now see that my report has been updated correctly.

6. Now I want to change my Schedule and therefor click on "Configure Schedule ..."

Here comes the problem .....

I now see a new "Manage Data Refresh"-page, just like I never created any before....

Where is the schedule I just created...?

Obviously the Schedule exists, since my PowerPivot-report has been updated. But I can't get into it again....

Hope this clarifies my problem.

Br

Roger

RB

Friday, May 5, 2017 11:23 AM
  • Hi RoggaB,

It's weird, is not any error message?

Thanks,
    Angelia

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, May 18, 2017 8:44 AM
  • Hi Angelia,

That's just it, I can't find any error messages... Well, but nothing related to this issue.
    We have made 3 separate installations and this problem exists on all three of them.
    We have also been in contact with Microsoft support and a case has been created but no solution has been presented yet.

Br

Roger

RB

Friday, May 19, 2017 7:03 AM
  • Hi,

This is a bug in PowerPivot for SharePoint 2016 - PowerPivot saves the schedule as an XML in SPListItem.Properties as "ppDRSplitSchedulePrefixX", where X is a number (it's split into several properties because Excel trims this to 255 characters). PowerPivot for SharePoint 2016 unfortunatelly went back to a piece of code, which expects a "ppDRSchedule" property which is missing. This is in both SQL Server 2016 Feature Pack and SQL Server 2016 SP1 Feature Pack (spPowerPivot16.msi). I checked the latest CU for SQL Server 2016, but it does not have spPowerPivot16.msi (only spPowerPivot.msi which is for SharePoint 2013).

If you open up the file in Excel, go to File > Properties > Advanced Properties, you can see the ppDRSplitSchedulePrefixX properties. If you add an empty ppDRSchedule property and save the file, the schedule will be loaded, although still with a bug I described in https://connect.microsoft.com/SQLServer/feedback/details/2565775

Wednesday, July 12, 2017 10:47 AM
  • Hi

I can confirm what Piotr writes, adding the property ppDRSchedule containing a space will cause the schedule and credentials to be loaded when browsing to the "Manage Data Refresh" page.

So, all we need is to get our hands on the fix!

Thursday, July 13, 2017 7:43 AM
  • Thank you for sharing this information!
    I was starting to wonder if we were the only ones having this problem...

I hope the fix they are talking about will be released soon.

RB

Friday, July 14, 2017 5:31 AM
  • Hi

This specific problem was solved in the SP2 release of the spPowerPivot16.msi. Release date 4/16/2018.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=56837

Saturday, June 16, 2018 7:14 AM