none
sql server 2012 Cluster issue RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We built sql server clustering with Active-Passive. SQL server configuration was successful. 
    While i am testing SQL failover and failback, If i reboot node-2, server is comming up but in sql cluster console, node 2 is showing down. When i reboot node 1, all sql services are failover to node2 and now both nodes comming up in SQL cluster console also. 

Issue is 'when i am rebooting node2, node2 server is comming up but in sql cluster, it was showing down'. Same issue repeating if i reboot node-2. This happens only when i reboot node2.

I see below error in cluster events:

Node 'BPCL-DB-02' failed to form a cluster. This was because the witness was not accessible. Please ensure that the witness resource is online and available.

please help

Sunday, October 13, 2019 3:20 PM

All replies

• Is your cluster configure as node majority - or disk witness - or file witness?  In order for the cluster to remain healthy you need to have more than 50% quorum votes.

Each node has 1 vote - so if those are the only votes available and one of the nodes is down then the cluster will not be healthy and the cluster service will shut down.

To solve that problem you add either a disk witness or a file witness or a third node.

It seems in your situation that either the disk or file witness it not configured correctly and is only available from node 2.  

Jeff Williams

Sunday, October 13, 2019 4:26 PM
  • Hi vinodh k,

>>Node 'BPCL-DB-02' failed to form a cluster. This was because the witness was not accessible. Please ensure that the witness resource is online and available.

As mentioned by jeffw8713, It seems in your situation that either the disk or file witness it not configured correctly . Would you please refer to the steps in the link below to fix your issue:http://kb.eventtracker.com/evtpass/evtpages/EventId_1573_Microsoft-Windows-FailoverClustering_65152.asp

Best regards,

Dedmon Dai

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Monday, October 14, 2019 6:08 AM