none
Connect to a remote SSIS server without SQL Server being locally installed RRS feed

• Question

• Hey guys,

Is there even a slight possibility to connect to a remote SSIS server without SQL server being locally installed on my machine? I've done a research online but I couldn't find anything useful..

Thursday, October 3, 2019 2:38 PM

All replies

• Hi Jovana,

A SSIS server (ver 2005 or newer assumed) is a SQL Server in essence that runs the SSIS service.

If you have to connect to it using SSMS you can provided the security and networking setup allows.

Arthur

MyBlog

Twitter

Thursday, October 3, 2019 5:40 PM
  • What exactly do you mean by "connect to a remote SSIS server"?  SSIS is a service, which runs on a server.

Thursday, October 3, 2019 7:06 PM
  • Is there even a slight possibility to connect to a remote SSIS server without SQL server being locally installed on my machine?

Hi Jovana,

Please clarify what you are trying to achieve.

Thursday, October 3, 2019 8:10 PM
  • Hi JovanaMajcen,

The following link will be helpful:

Connect to a Remote Integration Services Server (SSIS Service)

Best Regards,

Mona

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Friday, October 4, 2019 8:38 AM