none
Different number of data in Report after using Render method.

Question

• Hello All,

I have CRM4 report that i execute from outside the CRM system, using the ReportExecutionService2005.asmx web service, i get the report exported directly by calling the Render method of the webservice, but when i compare the data of the Report outside the CRM is less then the data in the report executed from within CRM system. I have tested the same report with same user in CRM and outside CRM but data is different.

can someone guide me what is going wrong in the Render method.

BharatKumar Bambhaniya Software Developer.
    Tuesday, August 31, 2010 9:07 AM

Answers

• Are you sure that your input datasource was same as that in CRM? I think that the input data in the two scenarios were probably different.

If you were querying a SQL Server database, you can try running SQL Profiler to monitor your SQL Server instance to see what the query past to your SQL Server instance is. If you could not observe the query, you need to first contact CRM support to consult on the details of the report data source's query critirials.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help
    Thursday, September 2, 2010 8:26 AM
  • I recommend that you consider adding a page breaker to your report as mentioned in this article, http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms156434.aspx. Adding a page breaker can usually improve report processing performance because only the items on each page have to be processed as you view the report.

If this still does not meet your expectation, another way you can consider is filtering the data source in your application level for page breaking.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help
    Wednesday, September 8, 2010 5:36 AM

All replies

• Are you sure that your input datasource was same as that in CRM? I think that the input data in the two scenarios were probably different.

If you were querying a SQL Server database, you can try running SQL Profiler to monitor your SQL Server instance to see what the query past to your SQL Server instance is. If you could not observe the query, you need to first contact CRM support to consult on the details of the report data source's query critirials.

Thursday, September 2, 2010 8:26 AM
  • Thanks for the response after long time, is there anyway we can define how much data is needed to be processed in the report while calling the execute method over the webservice.

BharatKumar Bambhaniya Software Developer.
    Tuesday, September 7, 2010 9:56 AM
  • I recommend that you consider adding a page breaker to your report as mentioned in this article, http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms156434.aspx. Adding a page breaker can usually improve report processing performance because only the items on each page have to be processed as you view the report.

If this still does not meet your expectation, another way you can consider is filtering the data source in your application level for page breaking.

Wednesday, September 8, 2010 5:36 AM