none
Same DB, same DACPAC, two different machines two different results RRS feed

• Question

• I have found a very odd thing that maybe someone more familiar with DACPACs and SSDT can explain.

When I run my dacpac and save the generated script on one machine I see it creates the following syntax

GO

PRINT N'Refreshing [System.Activities.DurableInstancing].[SaveInstance]...';

GO

EXECUTE sp_refreshsqlmodule N'System.Activities.DurableInstancing.SaveInstance;

On another machine it does not generate this command at all. The reason why I care is because the above statement generates an error because it is not properly formed. The above named object can not be found. It should be:

GO

EXECUTE sp_refreshsqlmodule N'[System.Activities.DurableInstancing].SaveInstance;

Note, the schema name must be denoted with square brackets, and then the command works.

I dug all this up because the dacpac was working on some machines and not others

I am using the very latest SSDT 11.1.40706. SQL Server 2012 service pak 2

Anyone have any ideas on:

a) why the command is issue on one machine and not another, and

b) why it puts the brackets correctly when generating a comment but not when it issues the execute command

Any replys would help my sanity at this point.

Thanks

Gary

-> As it turns out, it seems this is a defect that has been fixed in a Service Pak. Be sure your tools are updated not just on the server, but on any machine you use to run the DACPAK.

• Edited by garybroz Tuesday, September 30, 2014 8:48 AM
    Thursday, August 7, 2014 3:27 PM

Answers

• This is fixed in an existing release as mentioned by Gary.

Thanks,

Jing Sun

Jing Sun

• Marked as answer by Jing Sun Wednesday, October 15, 2014 7:05 PM
    Wednesday, October 15, 2014 7:05 PM

All replies