none
Report sort order not changing RRS feed

• Question

• When I change the Order By in the query designer the results change but it's not being applied in the report preview. I can change and add fields that'll reflect in the report but not the sort order. I've tried clearing data cache and deleting the .rdl file.
    Wednesday, May 15, 2019 3:04 PM

All replies

• Hi David9501

According to your description , for not clear about your detailed report structure , we could not judge what the detailed reason caused the issue .

Based on my test ,if you have no group ,just detail row , it would displayed the sequence as you order by in the query .

So , what the detailed structure and what the detailed issue , if possible , could you please offer the correspond screen shot or more detailed description to us for more further research .

By the way , you could try to set the sequence via the table properties like :

Hoping for your reply.

Best Regards,

Eric Liu

Best Regards, Eric Liu MSDN Community Support Please remember to click Mark as Answer if the responses that resolved your issue, and to click Unmark as Answer if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread.

• Proposed as answer by Mitarai Queen Friday, May 17, 2019 2:59 AM
    Thursday, May 16, 2019 2:10 AM