none
Referring to another level UDF with MDX query RRS feed

• Question

• I am not able to express what I really want because of the complexity of the problem. I am attaching an image so that you will understand what I want exactly.

Can you please, tell me what the problem is?

Thanks in advance,

BR,

Ali

Monday, November 25, 2013 9:03 AM

All replies

• Hi Saxta,

Thank you for your question. 

I am trying to involve someone more familiar with this topic for a further look at this issue. Sometime delay might be expected from the job transferring. Your patience is greatly appreciated. 

Thank you for your understanding and support.

Regards,

Charlie Liao
    TechNet Community Support

Friday, November 29, 2013 8:28 AM
  • Hi Ali,

What is the relation ship between TERM1 and TERM2? Are they attributes in the same dimension? Are they levels in the same hierarchy?
    Also not clear what the ...[TERM2].[All].[Total] supposed to mean. What is [All] exactly?
    (BTW: If you have an example with AdventureWorks it would be much easier to udnerstand and test)

Anyway, you never use TERM1 in the calculation, you would need to specify "A" through TERM1.

Thanks,
    Orsi
    Microsoft Online Community Support
    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Tuesday, December 24, 2013 12:49 PM
    Answerer