none
Is edge to replace explorer? RRS feed

• Question

• Edge has stopped working on my laptop. Still ok on my smartphone. Have to use explorer or chrome. The problem is when launching fix information or any diagnostic files it launches in Edge.....groundhog day. I have set the default browser to chrome but this hasn't solved the problem. I have complained about this all over Microsoft feedback forums. You are my last hope. And yes I have cleared histories and followed the troubleshooting instructions.

HELP

Thursday, June 6, 2019 11:43 AM

All replies

• Hi Fionaisupset,

Did you try to restart your laptop? if not, you can restart it and again try to use the Edge.

If issue persist than try to repair the Edge or you can try to reset the Edge browser.

Repairing the browser won't affect anything, but resetting will remove your history, cookies, and any settings you might have changed. To find these options, select the Start  button, then select Settings  > Apps  Apps & features  > Microsoft Edge > Advanced options

Reference:

What to do if Microsoft Edge isn't working

Regards

Deepak

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, June 6, 2019 12:54 PM