none
Impossible to obtain a correct License key for Microsoft SQL Server Migration Assistant for Oracle RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm trying to migrate a Oracle DB to an SQL Server 2005 DB ...

So, I have found  ...the tool "Microsoft SQL Server Migration Assistant for Oracle" ..
    It's installed on my computer (Windows XP) ...

When I launch the tool, a popup is displayed with "License keymanagement" and a link "license registration page" ..
    When I complete the form, and request the license key file .. I receive an error like "File not found on the server (download.microsoft.com)" ...

I had a discussion with a ms helpdesk .. the guy give to me a license key .. but it 's not a valid key too ...(from here : http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/confirmation.aspx?id=18589)

How to obtain this key ...

Friday, August 3, 2012 9:12 AM

Answers

All replies

• I receive =>

<body>

<div id="header"><h1>Server Error</h1></div>

<div id="content">

<div class="content-container"><fieldset>

<h2>404 - File or directory not found.</h2>

<h3>The resource you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.</h3>

</fieldset></div>

</div>

</body>

Friday, August 3, 2012 9:54 AM
  • Please ...

Nobody can give me a valid key for SSMA Oracle 5.2 ???

I really have to migrate my DB ...

Regards

Friday, August 3, 2012 2:06 PM
  • Hi Didier SO,

The first time you use SSMA for Oracle, you will be directed to a registration site from which you can obtain a license key (stored in a file called oracle-ssma.license). You will have to indicate the directory in which you will save this file (for example: C:\install\):

Click Refresh License and SSMA tool will open.

By the way, you can ask SSMA product team directly for product support via ssmahelp@Microsoft.com

Regards, Amber zhang

Monday, August 6, 2012 6:15 AM
  • Thanks Guy ..

But => the problem is not there ...

Since last week, this is impossible to download the KEY file .. (see the screenshot)

Monday, August 6, 2012 7:25 AM
  • Hi Didier SO,

The first time you use SSMA for Oracle, you will be directed to a registration site from which you can obtain a license key (stored in a file called oracle-ssma.license). You will have to indicate the directory in which you will save this file (for example: C:\install\):

Click Refresh License and SSMA tool will open.

By the way, you can ask SSMA product team directly for product support via ssmahelp@Microsoft.com

Regards, Amber zhang

I have just tried the above email address and just got an automated response reply. Seems it VERY difficult to contact Microsoft with regards to this problem. :-(
    • Edited by Andyj00 Monday, August 6, 2012 8:10 AM
    Monday, August 6, 2012 8:09 AM
  • Hi Andyj00,

Please contact with SSMA support team and try this mail:  accssma@microsoft.com

Meanwhile you can try to submit in this Blog, please refer to SQL Server Migration Assistant (SSMA) Team's Blog

Regards, Amber zhang

• Marked as answer by Didier So Monday, August 6, 2012 10:50 AM
    Monday, August 6, 2012 8:44 AM
  • Same for me ..

I will try "accssma@microsoft.com" email adresse given bellow ...

Monday, August 6, 2012 9:44 AM
  • Hi Andyj00,

Please contact with SSMA support team and try this mail:  accssma@microsoft.com

Meanwhile you can try to submit in this Blog, please refer to SQL Server Migration Assistant (SSMA) Team's Blog

Regards, Amber zhang

Ok, I just received a license key by email ..

Tx ;)

Monday, August 6, 2012 10:50 AM
  • Thank you.. Amber zhang. It works on my Pc.
    Tuesday, March 12, 2013 5:52 AM