Printing from SSRS 2016 dirrectly to printer without PDF reader RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

We have an air-gaped system which is very much locked down and does not allow any kind of 3rd. party application like PDF reader.  Our SSRS is 2016SP1 and client machine is Windows 10 LTSB.  Since our client machine is Windows 10 LTSB version, it does not have Edge Browser to open PDF files (Windows 10 LTSB only comes with IE).

So following is our situation right now and any help on this matter is greatly appreciated.

- We can generate reports through web interface but we have no way to print the report to the printer directly since it is keep on trying to save the file as PDF first then print.

- The Windows 10 LTSB client machine is almost a kiosk setup condition so it does not allow to save the PDF file to any local or network location so it can be printed through other computer, since the user of the workstation is prohibited from launching Windows File Explorer due to the security restriction on this workstation.

So I am trying to find a way to directly print to networked printer without going through the PDF file creation/pre-view process or change the print button's behavior to generate MHTML file (which IE understands and able to open so we can print) instead of PDF.

I would appreciate any help on this matter.

Thank you in advance,

- DCK -

Wednesday, June 27, 2018 9:28 PM

Answers

• Hi dckim,

Based on my research, I find some similar post about print report without PDF. You could use code to print report programmatically or you could try to delivery the report to network printer.

You could refer to this blog and this blog for details.

Best Regards,
    Zoe Zhi

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by dckim Thursday, June 28, 2018 8:08 PM
    Thursday, June 28, 2018 6:08 AM

All replies

• Hi dckim,

Based on my research, I find some similar post about print report without PDF. You could use code to print report programmatically or you could try to delivery the report to network printer.

You could refer to this blog and this blog for details.

Best Regards,
    Zoe Zhi

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by dckim Thursday, June 28, 2018 8:08 PM
    Thursday, June 28, 2018 6:08 AM
  • Zoe,

I appreciate your input on this matter.

Thank you,

DCK

Thursday, June 28, 2018 1:25 PM