SqlServer 2008 Database Status Showing(Recovery pending)..How to get this database in online? RRS feed

• Question

• SqlServer 2008 Database Status Showing(Recovery pending)

How to get this database in online?

This is SharePoint Content database.

Badri

Thursday, July 31, 2014 2:25 AM

Answers

Badri

Hi,

Please try running below in master database

restore database db_name with recovery

Chances are that this command would not succeed because I guess there was corruption in database and you restarted SQL Server service. Or can you please tell how your database went into recovery pending state.

Please check SQL Server errorlog you would find information regarding this change. Please post relevant log information here. Please check event viewer as well

Please mark this reply as answer if it solved your issue or vote as helpful if it helped so that other forum members can benefit from it.

My TechNet Wiki Articles

• Marked as answer by Elvis Long Tuesday, August 12, 2014 5:52 AM
    Thursday, July 31, 2014 8:26 AM
  • The database goes in this status, when it is having issues with recovery.

"SQL Server has encountered a resource-related error during recovery. The database is not damaged, but files may be missing or system resource limitations may be preventing it from starting. The database is unavailable. Additional action by the user is required to resolve the error and let the recovery process be completed."

Check the sql server error log for the errors causing the database not to recovery. Most probably one of the database files are not accessible due to different reasons.

Regards, Ashwin Menon My Blog - http:\\sqllearnings.com

Thursday, July 31, 2014 8:51 AM

All replies

Badri

Hi,

Please try running below in master database

restore database db_name with recovery

Chances are that this command would not succeed because I guess there was corruption in database and you restarted SQL Server service. Or can you please tell how your database went into recovery pending state.

Please check SQL Server errorlog you would find information regarding this change. Please post relevant log information here. Please check event viewer as well

Please mark this reply as answer if it solved your issue or vote as helpful if it helped so that other forum members can benefit from it.

My TechNet Wiki Articles

Thursday, July 31, 2014 8:26 AM
  • The database goes in this status, when it is having issues with recovery.

"SQL Server has encountered a resource-related error during recovery. The database is not damaged, but files may be missing or system resource limitations may be preventing it from starting. The database is unavailable. Additional action by the user is required to resolve the error and let the recovery process be completed."

Check the sql server error log for the errors causing the database not to recovery. Most probably one of the database files are not accessible due to different reasons.

Regards, Ashwin Menon My Blog - http:\\sqllearnings.com

Thursday, July 31, 2014 8:51 AM