none
SSRS Upgrade from 2005 to 2012 Subscription issue RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I am upgrading SSRS 2005 to SSRS 2012 and everything seems to me working fine except the subscriptions after migrating the database. Do I need to update any tables or change anything in the Subscriptions table to make it work?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Tuesday, March 28, 2017 4:03 PM

All replies

• Hi SrikantMishra,

What is the specific subscription issue you encountered? Did you mean the subscriptions aren't delivered as normal after migrating? Can you see any records stored in these three tables, dbo.ReportSchedule, dbo.Schedule and dbo.Subscriptions? Did you get any error message when you attempt to send report via subscription? Please make sure the SQL Agent is running.

In your scenario, how did you upgrade reporting services, in-place upgrade or migrate to another server? If it is the latter, which method did you choose to move database?

Based on my research, moving a database does not effect scheduled operations that are currently defined for report server items. Subscriptions are preserved in the moved database. Schedules will be recreated the first time that you restart the Report Server service. Reference: Moving the Report Server Databases to Another Computer

Here are two threads describe about subscription migration:

SSRS Subscription migration
    Can't access SSRS 2008 R2 subscriptions after migration

If you still have any question, please feel free to ask.

Best regards,
    Yuliana Gu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, March 29, 2017 5:43 AM
  • Hi Yuliana, 

Thanks for the reply. I fixed the problem after the database was restored. The issue was with the custom email dll and it didnot run correctly initially. So, there was an error message in the subscriptions table and because of that, it was not letting it run. Restoring the database after fixing the custom dll worked.

Thanks,

Srikant

Thursday, April 20, 2017 7:53 PM