none
What are the different betweent DataBases installing and deploying? RRS feed

Answers

• If you think from the perspective of database, there's subtle difference between install and deploy.

Install is mostly used when we install db as a part of a product i.e say embedded database associated with an application etc. Even attaching the db to an instance is often referred to as installing

Deploy on the other hand is mostly used from context of a project i.e in cases like you create db from the scripts generated as a part of SSDT database project or by any other means.

Effectively both of them achieves the same objective in the end i.e creation of new database

Please Mark This As Answer if it solved your issue
    Please Vote This As Helpful if it helps to solve your issue
    Visakh
    ----------------------------
    My Wiki User Page
    My MSDN Page
    My Personal Blog
    My Facebook Page

• Edited by Visakh16MVP Thursday, November 16, 2017 5:06 AM
    • Marked as answer by zhgart Thursday, November 16, 2017 6:32 AM
    Thursday, November 16, 2017 5:05 AM
  • Hi, Both of the tasks finally end up in creating DB on DB Server.. the method is only differing..

Deploy means something which you have handy DB creation scripts and you will just execute it, which will create DB in Server.

Install means something you will do it part of your application installation.. there might be some embedded db's which comes along with your application. During your app installation, DB also will get installed as part of it.

Thanks

• Marked as answer by zhgart Thursday, November 16, 2017 6:33 AM
    Thursday, November 16, 2017 6:13 AM

All replies

• If you think from the perspective of database, there's subtle difference between install and deploy.

Install is mostly used when we install db as a part of a product i.e say embedded database associated with an application etc. Even attaching the db to an instance is often referred to as installing

Deploy on the other hand is mostly used from context of a project i.e in cases like you create db from the scripts generated as a part of SSDT database project or by any other means.

Effectively both of them achieves the same objective in the end i.e creation of new database

Please Mark This As Answer if it solved your issue
    Please Vote This As Helpful if it helps to solve your issue
    Visakh
    ----------------------------
    My Wiki User Page
    My MSDN Page
    My Personal Blog
    My Facebook Page

• Edited by Visakh16MVP Thursday, November 16, 2017 5:06 AM
    • Marked as answer by zhgart Thursday, November 16, 2017 6:32 AM
    Thursday, November 16, 2017 5:05 AM
  • Hi, Both of the tasks finally end up in creating DB on DB Server.. the method is only differing..

Deploy means something which you have handy DB creation scripts and you will just execute it, which will create DB in Server.

Install means something you will do it part of your application installation.. there might be some embedded db's which comes along with your application. During your app installation, DB also will get installed as part of it.

Thanks

• Marked as answer by zhgart Thursday, November 16, 2017 6:33 AM
    Thursday, November 16, 2017 6:13 AM