none
how to keep rows in fact data even if the related dimension key can't be found? RRS feed

• Question

• I have a dimension say, dim1, and then fact table, store_sales, they are joined on dim1_id. They are also other dimensions but ignored here. What's I want is: even is dim1 is empty, we still can see data in the cube: meaning not throw away the fact data whose dim_id can't be found in dim1.
    Wednesday, October 12, 2011 9:07 AM

Answers

• When processing the cube you can specify settings for dimension key errors. You can set Key error action to "Convert to Unknown" and Key not found to "Ignore Error", which should achieve what you want. See the screenshot below.

David Stewart | My Blog | Follow me on Twitter
    Thursday, October 13, 2011 5:59 AM

All replies

• When processing the cube you can specify settings for dimension key errors. You can set Key error action to "Convert to Unknown" and Key not found to "Ignore Error", which should achieve what you want. See the screenshot below.

David Stewart | My Blog | Follow me on Twitter
    Thursday, October 13, 2011 5:59 AM
  • Yes, Stewart is right, once you done the setting suggested by him, you will see the data in UNKNOWN member of the corresponding dimension where key is missing but fact data is present.

Regards,
    Santosh

It feels good if you give us some points for helpful post. :)
    Thursday, October 13, 2011 6:20 AM