none
Fit data on one page RRS feed

• Question

• I have a report that pulls in varying amounts of data.  They are requesting when the report is deployed that all data is on one page.  Meaning you don't have to go to page two, you can continually scroll down to view all data.   I have the option checked to "fit table on one page if possible".   The table is too big so it is still going to a 2nd page.  Is there any other way to force the table to be on one page without changing font sizes, etc?

Monday, March 31, 2008 5:26 PM

Answers

•  

Teresa,

I believe if you set the report's interactive height to 0 this will will put the entire report on one page.  I'm not sure if this is what you're after though.

RSHandsDown   

Tuesday, April 1, 2008 8:45 PM

All replies

• No, I don't think so. It naturally page breaks where it wants to. If you do figure out a way, let me know but I doubt you have control over this.

Monday, March 31, 2008 5:59 PM
  • This may not meet your needs, but, you could set up dynamic visibility. (visibility=false, toggleitem=xyz). The main body of the report would start off as invisible, and the user would have to know to click on the plus sign, but all of the data would be put on one page.

Mike G.

Monday, March 31, 2008 6:21 PM
  •  

Implement drill downs somehow, in a meaningful way or not.  It's up to you how to work it in, but if a table has drill downs in it, it will not page break (at least not with the amounts of data that I've tried with it, and I've tried a lot of data.)

Monday, March 31, 2008 6:28 PM
  • Hi,

Try by increasing the page height as much as you can.And see if you have inserted page break for table or list.

Anupama

Tuesday, April 1, 2008 11:35 AM
  •  

Thanks for all the replies.  I have a page break after the table and I've increased the size.  The table has the potential to get rather large.  I could do the drill in thing.  Guess it would have to be a management call if they want to go to page 2 or drill in to see more detail.  

Thanks again!

Tuesday, April 1, 2008 7:56 PM
  •  

Teresa,

I believe if you set the report's interactive height to 0 this will will put the entire report on one page.  I'm not sure if this is what you're after though.

RSHandsDown   

Tuesday, April 1, 2008 8:45 PM
  •  RSHandsDown wrote:

Teresa,

RSHandsDown   

HAH! Genius. I love it! As far as I am concerned, this is the answer. Thanks RSHandsDown.

Wednesday, April 2, 2008 1:22 PM
  •  

Thanks RSHandsDown!   That works perfectly!
    Wednesday, April 2, 2008 1:39 PM
  • Hi

Is there any way by which I can generate a report without a table but still getting the data in pages??

Thank you

Dibyasingh Tripathy
    Tuesday, January 24, 2012 7:20 AM
  • u can do 2 ways:

1.try to use rectangle,just drop that rectangle in Ur report body..inside that rectangle put Ur data inside that.

2.choose Ur report,in that properties window(f4) expand interactive size in that

change height to 0

• Proposed as answer by Misi Moisei Sunday, August 12, 2012 4:09 PM
    Tuesday, January 24, 2012 7:35 AM
  • Hi anandan

Well my question was different.Anyways thats my mistake.Actually I was asking about how we can multiple records without using a table and show the data in multiple pages.I thought ssrs report is more flexible.But when we want to put data in multiple pages then we have to use only tables.Is there any other way by which we can separate records to put them in multiple pages.?

Thank you for responding.

Greets

Dibya 

Dibyasingh Tripathy
    Tuesday, January 24, 2012 9:36 AM
  • There is a way to do it in SSRS:

1. On the layout tab, Click the properties icon
    2. choose report from the drop down list
    3. expand the section Interactive Size
    4. set the height to 0

Thanks Shiven:) If Answer is Helpful, Please Vote

Thursday, February 4, 2016 5:08 AM