none
ActiveX Print Control RRS feed

• Question

• Exactly what does this do? 

Will it help print in one interface set to your specifications?

I have SSRS 2005......

I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.
    • Edited by buchay2019 Wednesday, June 10, 2009 8:14 PM forgot software spec
    Wednesday, June 10, 2009 8:13 PM

Answers

• Hi AyaBabe,

The Microsoft ActiveX control, RSClientPrint, provides client-side printing for reports viewed in HTML Viewer. It provides a Print dialog box so that a user can initiate a print job, preview a report, specify pages to print, and change the margins. During a client-side print operation, the report server renders the report in the Image (EMF) rendering extension and uses the print capabilities of the operating system to create the print job and send it to a printer.

Client-side printing provides a way to control and improve the quality of a printout for an HTML report by side-stepping browser print settings on the user's computer, and instead using the page dimensions, margins, header, and footer text of the report to create the print output. The print control reads property values of the report to set page size and margins.

All print processing is performed on demand and on the client computer. There is no server-side print functionality that allows you to route a print job directly from a report server to a printer that is attached to the Web server. Printers and print options are selected by individual report users using a standard Print dialog box.

For more information, please see:

Printing Reports: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms155993(SQL.90).aspx

Please feel free to ask, if you have any more questions.

Thanks,

Jin Chen

Jin Chen - MSFT
    • Marked as answer by buchay2019 Monday, June 15, 2009 2:03 PM
    Monday, June 15, 2009 9:28 AM