none
SSRS report to run URL RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

We are trying to use reporting services to execute a url when the SSRS report is executed. For example when I execute a SSRS report I would like the report to automatically access 'www.google.com' (as an example). The reason we are doing this is we want to access another reporting application but record the number and times of access via the reporting services execution tables/views. Is this achievable by putting some code in the Report properties. Can you open - execute url and then close report via some code. Thoughts.

Thanks

Andrew

Friday, May 29, 2015 12:45 AM

Answers

• Hi Andrew,

In your scenario, I will suggest you to add a hyperlink to a report item when you want your users to be able to click a link in a report and open a browser to the URL that you specify. A hyperlink can be a static URL or an expression that evaluates to a URL. If you have a field in a database that contains URLs, the expression can contain that field, resulting in a dynamic list of hyperlinks in the report. You can add hyperlinks to text boxes, images, charts, and gauges. You must ensure that the user has access to the URL that you provide.

More details information about how to add a Hyperlink to a URL (Report Builder and SSRS):
    Add a Hyperlink to a URL (Report Builder and SSRS)

If you still have any problem, please feel free to ask.

Regards,
    Vicky Liu

Vicky Liu
    TechNet Community Support

Saturday, May 30, 2015 2:48 AM

All replies

• Hi Andrew,

In your scenario, I will suggest you to add a hyperlink to a report item when you want your users to be able to click a link in a report and open a browser to the URL that you specify. A hyperlink can be a static URL or an expression that evaluates to a URL. If you have a field in a database that contains URLs, the expression can contain that field, resulting in a dynamic list of hyperlinks in the report. You can add hyperlinks to text boxes, images, charts, and gauges. You must ensure that the user has access to the URL that you provide.

More details information about how to add a Hyperlink to a URL (Report Builder and SSRS):
    Add a Hyperlink to a URL (Report Builder and SSRS)

If you still have any problem, please feel free to ask.

Regards,
    Vicky Liu

Vicky Liu
    TechNet Community Support

Saturday, May 30, 2015 2:48 AM
  • Hi Andrew,

The reporting Services have not an event trigger when the reporting is opening to increment an counter of user access from your report. You could create an page with extension ".aspx" as sample to implement the counter and redirect automatically to report page. 

Best Regards

Ricardo Lacerda

Sunday, May 31, 2015 2:01 AM
  • If you're looking for how much the SSRS reports are used, you can obtain the information with the following query:

--RETURNS ALL REPORT EXECUTIONS
    SELECT * FROM REPORTSERVER.DBO.EXECUTIONLOG2

Sunday, May 31, 2015 2:29 AM