none
Cant open a renamed mobile report using the mobile report publisher RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a problem with the mobile report publisher, I cant open a mobile report from my server if the report has been renamed.

I have to download it and open it from my local drive, but I cant open the same report directly from the server.

the report itself is working fine, only the communication with the SSRS server is  the problem.

I have the latest version of SSRS 2016 + CU2 and latest version of the publisher app.

any idea?

Friday, October 14, 2016 2:00 PM

All replies

• Hi Willgart1,

From your scenario, what’s the error message when you can’t open the renamed mobile report with Mobile Report Publisher on the Server in SQL Server Reporting Service 2016?

Generally, if you rename the mobile report by managing the mobile report on the server, you can work well. I did a test, use SQL Server Reporting Service 2016 + CU2, and the latest version of publisher app, can’t reproduce the issue.

You can also check the log usually located in C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSRS13.MSSQLSERVER\Reporting Services\LogFiles to find more details.

Best Regards,
    Pirlo Zhang

Tuesday, October 18, 2016 1:23 AM
  • ok... I have the problem with a brand new report, not a renamed one.

here what I can see in the SSRS logs:

Microsoft.ReportingServices.Portal.WebHost!library!324!10/19/2016-10:43:44:: e ERROR: Throwing Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.ItemNotFoundException: , Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.ItemNotFoundException: The item '/Store Trend' cannot be found.;

well... the item exists, I just select it in the Mobile Report Designer app! :-)

Wednesday, October 19, 2016 2:58 PM
  • Hi Willgart1,

In your scenario, did you download the mobile report “Store Trend“ from report server, then open it with mobile publisher app? From the error message, please check if the new report “Store Trend'” stored in the Report Server database.

Use ReportServer

select * from Catalog where name like ‘%name of new report%’

If issue persists, please share detail steps for us to reproduce the issue.

If you still have any questions, please feel free to ask.

Best Regards,
    Pirlo Zhang
    Thursday, October 20, 2016 9:29 AM