none
Analysis Services Execute DDL Task : Errors in the metadata manager. The process type specified for the partition is not valid RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi All,

I am using SSIS package where i will refreshing cube daily basis.  So I am Analysis Processing Task.  I am getting like

"Analysis Services Execute DDL Task : Errors in the metadata manager. The process type specified for the <Fact table FT > partition is not valid since it is not processed".

Here i have some 5 dimesions (process options is (Process Full) and one Fact table (type partition) where i am using Process Incremental because i need to have only the transactional data. 

But when i use in BIDS, i am able process this cube without any error

Can anyone help me out? 

Thanks in advance,

Anand Rajagopal

Wednesday, June 4, 2008 4:10 PM

Answers

• I believe that after doing a Process Full on the dimensions, you will have to do a Process Full on the cube as well. However, you might want to ask this in the SSAS forum as well.

Wednesday, June 4, 2008 7:45 PM
  • Hi Jwelch,

Thanks for the reply.  I got the answer from SSAS forum for this related query.  The answer was :

"When you do a processFull on a dimension, it will unprocess any cubes which use it. If you want to do incremental processing of your partitions you need to be doing processUpdate on your dimensions so that the cube structure is not changed. "

I got this answer from Darren Gosbell

Thanks,

Anand Rajagopal

Thursday, June 5, 2008 2:29 PM

All replies

• I believe that after doing a Process Full on the dimensions, you will have to do a Process Full on the cube as well. However, you might want to ask this in the SSAS forum as well.

Wednesday, June 4, 2008 7:45 PM
  • Hi Jwelch,

Thanks for the reply.  I got the answer from SSAS forum for this related query.  The answer was :

"When you do a processFull on a dimension, it will unprocess any cubes which use it. If you want to do incremental processing of your partitions you need to be doing processUpdate on your dimensions so that the cube structure is not changed. "

I got this answer from Darren Gosbell

Thanks,

Anand Rajagopal

Thursday, June 5, 2008 2:29 PM