none
Report Builder 3.0 has stopped working issue RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

I had report builder open and my pc locked up and I had to hit the power button and now when I try to open report builder I get the below error, should I just uninstall and reinstall report builder or is there a better way to deal with this. Thank you

Tuesday, July 2, 2019 3:04 PM

All replies

• Hi Chucky,

From the error message, to be honest, it looks like working on repair this, tend to be a quite time consuming issue.

Since report builder is relatively small application, for efficiency concern, I will suggest you to reinstall this application.

Regards,

Lukas 

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click Mark as Answer; the responses that resolved your issue, and to click Unmark as Answer if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, July 3, 2019 3:04 AM
  • Hello

I have gone to control panel and uninstalled the report builder 3.0

downloaded a new copy

installed the new copy

rebooted

tried to start reportbuilder 3.0 and got the same error as above

any thoughts?

Thank you 

Wednesday, July 3, 2019 11:35 AM
  • Hi Chucky,

Does you system fit the requirement of report builder?

Windows 7, Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008, Windows Vista, Windows XP

• Windows XP Service Pack 3
      • Windows Vista Service Pack 2
      • Windows 7

If you system is below :

Windows 10 , Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1, Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2012 R2

You could try this report builder 

lukas

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click Mark as Answer; the responses that resolved your issue, and to click Unmark as Answer if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, July 4, 2019 7:14 AM