VS2015 Community Plugin Install RRS feed

• Question

• Running Win 10 on 32 bit machine with VS 2015 Community and wish to use Python. 
    Unzipped PyDev4.5.5.zip but see no  install README. I do two folders - features and plugins.
    There is no vsix file for a 32bit machine. 
    Note -  Add-In Manager was removed in Visual Studio 2015.
    So how do I install this plugin for VS 2015 Community?

Bob

Monday, July 25, 2016 6:26 PM

Answers

• Hi Bob,

Thank you for your post.

If you would like to use Python, I suggest you install Python Tools for Visual Studio extension:

https://visualstudiogallery.msdn.microsoft.com/9ea113de-a009-46cd-99f5-65ef0595f937

In addition, you may also go to Control Panel >Programs >Programs and Features, select Microsoft Visual Studio 2015 and click on 'Modify'.

To check if you have already installed this plugin:

Best Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Proposed as answer by 宝宝徐 Tuesday, August 2, 2016 8:26 AM
    • Marked as answer by 宝宝徐 Monday, August 8, 2016 2:26 AM
    Tuesday, July 26, 2016 5:52 AM

All replies

• I post here because I'm sure someone with C# expertise understands Plugin Installation.
    I couldn't find another relevant forum category.

Running Win 10 on 32 bit machine with VS 2015 Community and wish to use Python (PyDev 4.5.5)
    Unzipped PyDev4.5.5.zip but see no  install README. I do see two folders - features and plugins.
    There is no vsix file for a 32bit machine. 
    Note -  Add-In Manager was removed in Visual Studio 2015.
    So how do I install this plugin within VS 2015 Community Edition?

Bob

Bob

• Merged by DotNet Wang Tuesday, July 26, 2016 7:48 AM duplicate
    Monday, July 25, 2016 5:55 PM
  • The post has nothing to do with C#. The correct forum where you should post is below.`

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-us/home?forum=visualstudiogeneral

Monday, July 25, 2016 6:12 PM
  • Hi Bob,

Thank you for your post.

If you would like to use Python, I suggest you install Python Tools for Visual Studio extension:

https://visualstudiogallery.msdn.microsoft.com/9ea113de-a009-46cd-99f5-65ef0595f937

In addition, you may also go to Control Panel >Programs >Programs and Features, select Microsoft Visual Studio 2015 and click on 'Modify'.

To check if you have already installed this plugin:

Best Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Proposed as answer by 宝宝徐 Tuesday, August 2, 2016 8:26 AM
    • Marked as answer by 宝宝徐 Monday, August 8, 2016 2:26 AM
    Tuesday, July 26, 2016 5:52 AM
  • Hi srfpala,

Thank you for posting here.

The Visual C# forum discuss and ask questions about the C# programming language, IDE, libraries, samples, and tools.

Since your issue is related to Visual Studio install forum and you also post your issue on there.

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/54624332-f5d6-4461-8812-e18bdf95f03b/vs2015-community-plugin-install?forum=visualstudiogeneral#61b87c86-b4ec-4b84-8f2b-0069a7defb59   I will merge the thread to that forum for better support.

If you have some grammar or code errors, please feel free to contact us. We will try our best to give you a solution.

Best Regards,

Hart

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place. Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, July 26, 2016 7:35 AM