none
Information icon in SSRS RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Guys,

I was wondering if it is possible to add information (i) icon in an SSRS such that when you click on i icon, it pops up to show detailed information.

me

Friday, August 16, 2019 9:06 PM

Answers

• Hi lilutchay,

You could take two steps.

1. You could insert the icon picture to one column of the table.

2. Then add action to this icon image in image property, using some javascription feature(void(window.open())) to make the drill through report pop out as a new window.  This JS tutorial and detail you could find in SSRS drill through report opening in a new window/tab help

Hope this helps.

Lukas

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click Mark as Answer; the responses that resolved your issue, and to click Unmark as Answer if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by lilutchay Monday, August 19, 2019 3:54 PM
    Monday, August 19, 2019 6:20 AM

All replies

• You can not modify the SSRS Report Manager UI that way, but in a SSRS report you can add an image with a "Go to action" to open an other report with informations.

Olaf Helper

[ Blog] [ Xing] [ MVP]

Saturday, August 17, 2019 5:15 AM
  • Hi lilutchay,

You could take two steps.

1. You could insert the icon picture to one column of the table.

2. Then add action to this icon image in image property, using some javascription feature(void(window.open())) to make the drill through report pop out as a new window.  This JS tutorial and detail you could find in SSRS drill through report opening in a new window/tab help

Hope this helps.

Lukas

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click Mark as Answer; the responses that resolved your issue, and to click Unmark as Answer if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by lilutchay Monday, August 19, 2019 3:54 PM
    Monday, August 19, 2019 6:20 AM
  • Thanks Lukas,

Its working. I was able to use information on this page to make the option suit my situation.

Thanks

me

Monday, August 19, 2019 3:56 PM
  • Great! Glad to hear this!

Tuesday, August 20, 2019 1:34 AM