none
SSRS Reporting: Can I make a rectangle that truly hide RRS feed

• Question

• I have a report at the bottom of which has an optional section.  This optional section is entirely contained in a rectangle.  My problem is, when I set this rectangle's hidden property to true i.e. to display it on last page only, it is hidden but there is still white spaces added to the end of the report (where the rectangle would be). Is there anything I can do to get it all the way hidden?

Islam Lives long

Tuesday, July 22, 2014 8:58 AM

Answers

• Hi ahmedmalam,

According to your description, you find when you select "Hide" in Rectangle Properties to hide a rectangle, it just hide the content inside of rectangle, the space of rectangle is still remaining in report. Right?

Actually, we all also find this issue when testing. If we select "Hide" to hide a rectangle, the white space is still remaining. If we use expression to hide the rectangle, the white space will also be hidden. So in this scenario, please try an expression like “=IIF(1=1,true,false)” to hide the rectangle. It can achieve your requirement. We are still trying to figure out the reason. We will inform you if we find something.

If you have any question, please feel free to ask.

Best Regards,
    Simon Hou

Wednesday, July 23, 2014 11:10 AM

All replies

• You can't with the way it is now, but if you have a Table (with one column and row) or List object, which contains your rectangle, and hide the entire thing then I think that will work.
    Wednesday, July 23, 2014 2:20 AM
  • Using the toggle item you can get rid of the empty spaces while hiding a rectangle. Add any element in your report and set ToggleItem property (under visibility section) to this newly added element. This will show you plus/minus sign to show/hide your rectangle and this doesnt accupy any empty space even you export report to pdf

Also if you hide newly added element then it will hide rectangle without taking any extra space.

Wednesday, July 23, 2014 5:50 AM
  • Hi ahmedmalam,

According to your description, you find when you select "Hide" in Rectangle Properties to hide a rectangle, it just hide the content inside of rectangle, the space of rectangle is still remaining in report. Right?

Actually, we all also find this issue when testing. If we select "Hide" to hide a rectangle, the white space is still remaining. If we use expression to hide the rectangle, the white space will also be hidden. So in this scenario, please try an expression like “=IIF(1=1,true,false)” to hide the rectangle. It can achieve your requirement. We are still trying to figure out the reason. We will inform you if we find something.

If you have any question, please feel free to ask.

Best Regards,
    Simon Hou

Wednesday, July 23, 2014 11:10 AM