none
Can not connect to my SSAS Tabular Model in SQL Server 2012 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

i have an tabular model i created on my analysis server in MSSQLServer 2012.

I tried establishing a connection to it to create a powerview report via Excel 2013 preview from a system on the same domain with the server and it showed me this error

Sorry, something went wrong while loading the model for the item or data source 'xyz_abc Model'. Verify that the connection information is correct and that you have permissions to access the data source.

Please i need assistance ASAP.

Thanks

me

Monday, October 8, 2012 12:22 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi lilutchay,

After we build a tabular model and deploy it to an Analysis Services tabular mode server, we need to set permissions that make it available to client applications. For more detail information, please refer to the article below:
    Connect to a Tabular Model Database (SSAS): http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg492136.aspx

Regards,

Bin Long

TechNet Community Support

Monday, October 15, 2012 3:03 AM
  • Can you post the connection string you are using to connect to the tabular model.

Please vote as helpful or mark as answer, if it helps
    Cheers, Raunak | t: @raunakjhawar | My Blog

Monday, October 15, 2012 4:53 AM
  • Hi lilutchay,

I’m writing to follow up with you on this post. Was the problem resolved after performing our action plan steps?

If you are satisfied with our solution, I’d like to mark this issue as "Answered". Please  also feel free to unmark the issue, with any new findings or concerns you may have.  

Regards,

Bin Long

TechNet Community Support

Please visit: TechNet Cross Product & Scenario Based Support Forum

Friday, October 19, 2012 1:59 AM
  • Hi, 

I'm having the same issue. When I try to use Power View in Excel to connect to the tabular model I'm getting the same error: 

"Sorry, something went wrong while loading the model for the item or data source 'xxxx'. Verify that the connection information is correct and that you have permissions to access the data source."

When I use any other form to connect to the model in Excel (pivot table or chart) it works with no problem. 

Here is my connection string: 

Provider=MSOLAP.5;Password=xxxx;Persist Security Info=True;User ID=xxx;Initial Catalog=abc;Data Source=xxxxx;Location=xxxxxx;MDX Compatibility=1;Safety Options=2;Cube=abc;MDX Missing Member Mode=Error

Appreciate any help!

Monday, August 4, 2014 4:13 PM