How to uninstall localdb 2016 RRS feed

• Question

• my current jobs is give maintenance and  change a old lightswitch proyects,  but, since i have installed localdb 2016 core, i cant no longer build the proyects, i have deleted and recreated my localdb files to update to 2016, but i still cant build the proyects, i have uninstalled all the sql  2016, but when i reinstall on visual studio sql 2014 data tools, i query on the command line with sqllocaldb versions and get the 2014 and the 2016 version, how i can true clean all the files of localdb 2016?

Hello!

Tuesday, November 22, 2016 8:54 PM

Answers

• Hi juliomrs,

Based on my test, we need to drop the localdb first and then uninstall it in the Control Panel, please use the following steps:

1. Open CMD, run the following code, we need to check for every instance:
    Sqllocaldb i ‘localdb instance’

2. Then if this instance is related to SQL Server 2016. Run the following code:
    Sqllocaldb d ‘selected instance’

3. After that, we can uninstall it from Control Panel as mentioned by Vishe.

Best Regards,
    Teige

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Teige Gao Wednesday, November 23, 2016 2:49 AM
    • Marked as answer by juliomrs Thursday, November 24, 2016 12:33 AM
    Wednesday, November 23, 2016 2:49 AM

All replies

• Hi,

1.go  Control Panel, and then, under Programs, do one of the following:
    2.Windows: Click Uninstall a Program.
    3.Windows : Click Add or Remove Programs.
    4.When you find the program Microsoft SQL Server 2016 LocalDB, click it, and then do one of the following:
    5.Windows : Click Uninstall.
    6.Windows : Click the Remove or Change/Remove tab (to the right of the program).
    Follow the prompts. A progress bar shows you how long it will take to remove Microsoft SQL Server 2016 LocalDB

Please Mark it as Answered if it answered your question OR mark it as Helpful if it help you to solve your problem.

Wednesday, November 23, 2016 12:24 AM
  • Hello Vishe, thanks for the attention, but i have done this, and also creared all the *SQL* entries on the installed program list, even uninstalled visual studio totally, but still i get this responce on the command prompt.

sqlocaldb versions

Microsoft SQL Server 2014 (12.0.2000.8)

Microsoft SQL Server 2016 (13.0.)

Hello!

Wednesday, November 23, 2016 1:13 AM
  • Have you tried

sqllocaldb d "selected instance"

at a command prompt?

Wednesday, November 23, 2016 2:19 AM
  • Hi juliomrs,

Based on my test, we need to drop the localdb first and then uninstall it in the Control Panel, please use the following steps:

1. Open CMD, run the following code, we need to check for every instance:
    Sqllocaldb i ‘localdb instance’

2. Then if this instance is related to SQL Server 2016. Run the following code:
    Sqllocaldb d ‘selected instance’

3. After that, we can uninstall it from Control Panel as mentioned by Vishe.

Best Regards,
    Teige

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Teige Gao Wednesday, November 23, 2016 2:49 AM
    Wednesday, November 23, 2016 2:49 AM
  • I want to explain better the acticons that i am taking to solve the issue: 

because i dont need the data, it was only for testing purposes i will detele all the instances of localdb and then i will reinstall visual studio 2015 data tools  to make sql2016 localdb reapear on the uninstall list and then  i will uninstall sql 2016, check a second time for instances created during re installation of the data tools in visual studio 2015, then i think that this will solve the issues, when i type sqllocaldb i mssqllocaldb  that giveme an api error before.... , i am still making a new intent with the visual studio, the machine where my visual studio is installed is very slow, but i will give feed bakc in some hours.

• Edited by juliomrs Wednesday, November 23, 2016 11:04 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by juliomrs Thursday, November 24, 2016 12:33 AM
    Wednesday, November 23, 2016 6:17 PM