none
SSAS Design Aggregation for a Partition RRS feed

• Question

• I have an issue where I am trying to design aggregations for a partition and I am getting the following error: The following system error occurred:  No mapping between account names and security IDs was done. .

To restart the process, resolve the problem, and then click Start.

Does anyone know what I can do to resolve this?

Wednesday, August 30, 2006 9:25 PM

Answers

• Looks like one of the Roles in your database contains member that is no longer valid.

Why is this related to the aggregation design: As part of aggregation design the aggregation design wizard sends commands to Analysis Server asking it to run aggregation design algorithm for it.

As part of the process Analysis Server trying to verify your security permission against database roles and looks like one of the database roles contains invalid user name. For instance, name of the user who is no longer part of the domain.

Edward.
    --
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Thursday, August 31, 2006 1:01 AM

All replies

• Looks like one of the Roles in your database contains member that is no longer valid.

Why is this related to the aggregation design: As part of aggregation design the aggregation design wizard sends commands to Analysis Server asking it to run aggregation design algorithm for it.

As part of the process Analysis Server trying to verify your security permission against database roles and looks like one of the database roles contains invalid user name. For instance, name of the user who is no longer part of the domain.

Edward.
    --
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Thursday, August 31, 2006 1:01 AM
  • Hi,

I was getting the same error. I executed BIDS Helper Roles Report and found out an Active Directory Group that was missing.

Thanks.

Wednesday, September 11, 2013 10:06 AM